Soft serve A/B test...

pearsall001
pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
Well, I knew this crazy hobby would eventually pay off. My wife, son & I are always fighting over who has the best soft serve ice cream. Well tonight I had enough & set up an A/B test. I like "The Water Ice Factory" my wife & son like "Anthony's Water Ice". We started off at the WIF & we each had a small vanilla. Damn good, nice & sweet with a smooth texture. Then we mozied on down to Anthony's & had the same...a small vanilla. The verdict is now in..."The Water Ice Factory" won by a nose. And there is no contest between waer ice either, the WIF is the best by far. The owner used to be a plumber, go figure. Kinda like copper vs. silver IC's. These A/B tests can be a lot of fun after all!!!:D
"2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
Post edited by pearsall001 on

Comments

• pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited September 2007
    Dang!! Doesn't anybody else take ice cream as serious as me!! :rolleyes:
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited September 2007
    I'm trying to lose weight and that just doesn't fit the budget.....unless I don't eat for a few days prior.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited September 2007
    I'm sure some **** is gonna come along and comment on the scientific validity of your supposed "A/B test." This **** is gonna say that in order for it to be valid, you should have conducted a double blind test with taste samples from both companies that are consumed one after the other. Of course, a statistically significant sample size would need to be computed and the results published in a peer-reviewed journal in order to be accepted by your colleagues.

These are a few points an **** would raise...
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited September 2007
    Awww man......ice cream is my life.Eat it every day,big bowl too.Who has the best???Can't really say,mainly because I like to try new places all the time.Here in Chicago,soft serve is limited to a few vendors and none are better than some good old fashioned home made stuff.Cold Stone and a local fav,Oberwise,are my normal stops when not hitting the Ben and Jerry's at home.I do have a Dairy Queen 3 blocks away and is my normal stop with the dogs and grandson.And Yes,the dogs get a small one too.Cheers.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable