Damn Ebay

sucks2beme
sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
Just asking a seller a question, or placing a bid means I'm going to get a bogus paypal
message about some purchase I've not made, with a bogus
dispute link(I always check links before clicking).
Someone seems to have enough knowledge to bypass some of Ebay's
basic protection. Thos guys really need to get on the ball.
I'm about to give up on Ebay for even just looking around.
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
Post edited by sucks2beme on

Comments

• dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited September 2007
    I just got one of those the other day too. They need to learn proper English and how to make complete sentences. I guess some people are dumb enough not to logon to their Paypal account and see if there was such a charge.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited September 2007
    i foward all those messages to spoof@ebay.com

Usually they are pretty good about tracking down the senders and getting rid of them. I haven't had one in a long time.
  • Lainar
    Lainar Posts: 16
    edited September 2007
    I just ignore those messages. Paypal would address you by your real name in any emails they send you, however it is a pain thats for sure

HT Rig

Fronts: RTI12
    Center: CSI5
    Side: RTI10
    Rear: FXI5
    Sub : SVS PC20-39

HK 645

Sherbourn 7/2100A Power Amplifier