9/11

Frank Z
Frank Z Posts: 5,860
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
Never Forget, Never Forgive!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12185779/

wtc5_11_200.jpg
9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
Post edited by Frank Z on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited September 2007
    I am reminded everyday and will never forget. :mad:
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Paul in Canada
    Paul in Canada Posts: 178
    edited September 2007
    Today, here in my home town in Canada, the fire deptment is flying a U.S.A. flag outside their station in memory of 911.
    Polk RTi 8's
    Polk CSi 5
    FXIA4"s
    Outlaw Audio M200 x2
    Denon AVR 2805
    Sony CDP C345
    Paradigm PW2200 Sub
    Panasonic 50"

"It's futile to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person." demaples July 29/08
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2007
    We MUST remember and never forget.

Not just because there were so many innocent lives lost...we have to be mindful that it is not a question of IF it happens again...but WHEN it will happen again. These **** want to kill us and destroy the freedom we enjoy. The best way to defeat them is to not live in fear but to despise every shred of their being and celebrate life and our freedom living in the greatest country in the world.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited September 2007
    Amen.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited September 2007
    The reality is that the terrorists still hate us more than we hate them..:mad:
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited September 2007
    I will never forget.
  • pmckeealaska
    pmckeealaska Posts: 808
    edited September 2007
    I too hate those rat **** who insist on living in the 7th century. That being said, I cant help but feel sadness at the goodwill our president pissed away after 9/11. Even the French said "today, we are all Americans". While I dont think he is a bad or evil man, I just feel that Bush blew it big time. Had we put 100,000 troops in Afghanistan, instead of Iraq, we might well be dancing on Bin Ladens corpse right now. That being said, God Bless America!
    Music and Movie Rig

Samsung 40" HDTV 1080p
    LSi25 Front Speakers
    LSiC Center Channel
    LSiFX Surrounds
    Rotel RB 1080 2-Channel Amp
    NAD T763 Reciever
    Denon DVD 2900 Universal Player

Audiosource 10 Band Digital Equalizer
    Audioquest CV-8 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sub-X subwoofer cables
    Audioquest King Cobra Interconnects

Monster AVS 2000 Voltage Stabilizer
    Playstation 3 120GB Slim
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited September 2007
    krabby5 wrote: »
    The reality is that the terrorists still hate us more than we hate them..:mad:

True, and their 9/11 style tactics have worked on their own people by killing the innocence and striking fear in them so they are unable to stand up for themselves. As Shack said, we must never cower and live in fear. For us to live free and happy is the greatest insult and slap in the face to any terrorist. So put on a big smile, and know that your happiness is pissing some whack-job “fruitcake” extremist off.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2007
    I hope everyone takes a moment to reflect on this day... and remember the people who were lost. Even though it's the saddest of sad days... those terrorists should know that America is stronger then ever. We will NOT let them take away the freedom we enjoy.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited September 2007
    Marine Lance Cpl. Brian P. Montgomery
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited September 2007
    I too hate those rat **** who insist on living in the 7th century. That being said, I cant help but feel sadness at the goodwill our president pissed away after 9/11. Even the French said "today, we are all Americans". While I dont think he is a bad or evil man, I just feel that Bush blew it big time. Had we put 100,000 troops in Afghanistan, instead of Iraq, we might well be dancing on Bin Ladens corpse right now. That being said, God Bless America!
    couldn't have a 9/11 thread without the obligatory shot at Bush I guess...
  • pmckeealaska
    pmckeealaska Posts: 808
    edited September 2007
    If this was interpreted as a "shot" at Bush, then I apologize. I have the highest respect for the office, even if I might not agree with the decisions of the man himself. I was simply trying to express how different things could have been had they been handled differently. I am not part of the lunatic left wing fringe on this matter. If I detracted from the tragedy of this day in any way, I apologize.
    Music and Movie Rig

Samsung 40" HDTV 1080p
    LSi25 Front Speakers
    LSiC Center Channel
    LSiFX Surrounds
    Rotel RB 1080 2-Channel Amp
    NAD T763 Reciever
    Denon DVD 2900 Universal Player

Audiosource 10 Band Digital Equalizer
    Audioquest CV-8 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sub-X subwoofer cables
    Audioquest King Cobra Interconnects

Monster AVS 2000 Voltage Stabilizer
    Playstation 3 120GB Slim
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited September 2007
    RIP David Laycheck. Godspeed my friend.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2007
    On days like this I get a constant belly ache. I think about the victims and their families and friends and our service men and women. I can't help but to hate the cowardly **** who've done this.

The thing to remember is that they haven't been able to repeat their atrocities here and to remember the reasons why. Some of our esteemed politicians looking for office actually want us to cut and run . . . well if that happened those animals would follow our service men and women right home.

I also feel for the peoples who these animals live amoungst!!!

As far as the French saying, "We are all Americans today," I say NO THANKS!!!
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited September 2007
    Frank Z wrote: »
    Never Forget, Never Forgive!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12185779/

wtc5_11_200.jpg

AMEN.
    I hate this day every year. I have had a bad attitude all day. Kind of like a dark cloud has been above me all day.:mad:

oh yea and screw the French. They are like that buddy in the bar that is with you all the way until the first punch is thrown and then they magically disappear into the bathroom.
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited September 2007
    RIP my fellow co-workers and friends.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited September 2007
    shack wrote: »
    The best way to defeat them is to not live in fear but to despise every shred of their being and celebrate life and our freedom living in the greatest country in the world.

I flew 1700 miles today. Eff em... ;)
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited September 2007
    RIP to all the poor souls who lost their lives on 9/11.

My prayers go out to the rescue workers, firemen, medical personnel who are still suffering the lingering effect from the exposure to toxins.

Thank you Ed for your service.
    Carl

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2007
    ya, its not a matter of if but when it will happen again and there’s not much we will be able to do about it. Probably not on a large scale like that but something smaller and dirtier. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened already (something like a strap on bomb). I also hope for continued success in Afghanistan. Seems like we are having some setbacks there but I’m all for sending more troops in there to keep the rat bastages who supported it out. Heres hopping we have already have Osama... locked up in some dark cage or already put to death.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing