BDT has landed...so sleep safe tonite!

2»

Comments

• Lovely Wendi
    Lovely Wendi Posts: 34
    edited September 2007
    Hee Hee!
    Forgot how much I miss ya'll. Crazy bunch! :p As Troy will tell you he loves getting packages/mail. Post office hint: Flat rate packages work the best.....you can stuff as much as you want in them to the APO addresses. I'm sure ya'll probably know that already. He's really fond of Cosmo and Allure....JK

Be good!
    LW
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited September 2007
    I'm gonna mail him a box of Victoria's Secret cats if i can get my hands on that many.

(joking)
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited September 2007
    I might suggest that everyone send him a fruitcake.

Please note that I'm not actually suggesting that, but merely stating that I MIGHT suggest that.

:rolleyes:
    Sal Palooza
  • Lovely Wendi
    edited September 2007
    :p for some reason (loose nut behind the keyboard) my note didnt go thru last night. BDT loves getting packages. Anyhow, a note on packages....ya'll probably know this already....flat rate boxes/envelopes are the way to go and they can go to APO addies. He really likes Cosmo and Allure for mags....just kidding.

Take care,
    LW
  • Lovely Wendi
    edited September 2007
    okay so it did....oops! it's obvious I am a newbie. :o
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited September 2007
    Thanks Wendi!

Those flat rate boxes are the way to go. You can stuff whatever you want in the box, no matter the weight, it's still the same price. The FR box use to be something like $8.10? I'm not sure of the current rate as the postage went up, I believe it's about a buck more?
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited September 2007
    Flat Rate price is $8.95 now from $8.10.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2007
    I've read the site that Mike posted but am still a little fuzzy. Are there "flat rate" boxes at the USPS?
  • BaggedLancer
    edited September 2007
    I've read the site that Mike posted but am still a little fuzzy. Are there "flat rate" boxes at the USPS?

Yes, they are $8.95 each,white box with blue writing...... although im sure it probably costs more to go overseas.

You can also get flat rate envelopes for $4.50 each, for those of you that wanna send dirty pictures or mama's favorite fruitcake recipes.
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    Thanks Mark, you're a smart little bastage aren't you?:eek: :D:o
  • BaggedLancer
    edited September 2007
    Thanks Mark, you're a smart little bastage aren't you?:eek: :D:o

haha, not really, I just sell alot of crap on ebay and always overcharge the buyer enough to pay for the prepaid box cause I'm lazy.

So when you get charged $8.95 to ship an ink cartridge, you know who sold it. :D
  • MikeC78
    edited September 2007
    Yes, they are $8.95 each,white box with blue writing...... although im sure it probably costs more to go overseas.

You can also get flat rate envelopes for $4.50 each, for those of you that wanna send dirty pictures or mama's favorite fruitcake recipes.

The flat rate boxes come from the post office, correct. However; you are actually shipping the package to New York, and the military handles the mail from then on. Any APO/FPO addy is a US address. No need to pay for overseas postage. You will pay the same standard rate of $8.95 for the flat rate box with no matter what weight it is.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited September 2007
    MikeC78 wrote: »
    The flat rate boxes come from the post office, correct. However; you are actually shipping the package to New York, and the military handles the mail from then on. Any APO/FPO addy is a US address. No need to pay for overseas postage. You will pay the same standard rate of $8.95 for the flat rate box with no matter what weight it is.

Thanks for the correction. Never shipped anything to the military.
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    MikeC78 wrote: »

Thanks Mike!
  • MikeC78
    edited September 2007
    BTW,

Never put the words Iraq on the mail or box, always write US on the mail.

I know it's common to put return addys on mail, but make it clear to whomever you are sending, to burn or destroy your return addy. Especially if the package is going to the middle east, it's for security reasons, better safe than sorry.
  • Lovely Wendi
    edited September 2007
    yeah! What they all said.....$8.95 for the box, not sure on the envelope... Thanks again for all the support!!!!!

LW
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited September 2007
    Be safe, TroyD.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited September 2007
    I'm sure he stinks to high heaven on a daily basis so please send him baby wipes.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited September 2007
    Troy I've been busy lately so I'm sorry for this late reply. Remember, sunblock is your friend. Plus it will make your pillow smell better.

TLW if your plans with FA fall through let us know. A few of us are travelling down 95 and we would love to have you as a travel partner.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2007
    You guys rock, thanks!

Yes, baby wipes are your friend over here.

On any package, you will still have to fill out a customs form though, if I'm not mistaken.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut