Week #1 in the NFL...

Frank Z
Frank Z Posts: 5,860
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
And the Broncos win!! WOOT! No more Jake the Mistake either!! Double WOOT!

jay cutler wasn't perfect, a few mistakes to say the least. But!!...He did toss the pigskin for 304 yards.

Jason Elam's 41 yard game winner was sweet, especially with 0 seconds left on the clock when his foot touched the ball.

Yea-Haw! How about them Texans!?!? Spankin' the Chiefs 20-3.

Steelers kickin' arse in Week 1 as well.

Vikings were Vick-Torious over the Vick-less Falcons. Wonder what mr. Vick was doing today?

Come on brothers and sisters...let me hear your battle cry!
9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
Post edited by Frank Z on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2007
    Patriots looked amazing. O-Line was near perfect, Brady had as much time as he needed to throw to Mr Randy Moss, or Wes Welker, or any of the other graet options.

Defense could use a little work, but if the offense keeps it up I don't think it will matter.

Glad to see the Titans win, and asurprise upset of Houston over KC.

A friend of mine will be excited to see his Packers beat the Iggles.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited September 2007
    Surprise upset over KC? The Texan's were the lock of the week! Ugh... what an ugly game. Oh well.

Too bad about them donkies... I thought they were gonna lose for sure! Let's go BEARS! :D

Gonna be a long year...
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited September 2007
    Im almost glad that I was unable to see my Jets play today. I watched the Carolina game and they played really well.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2007
    I`m a Raider fan...
    I hear they also lost today.
    I have been playin with my rig all day , so I can`t say for sure.

I hope they have a good year this year...I hear they have some choice pic`s
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited September 2007
    How 'bout those Colts? :D
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited September 2007
    Go seahawks! woot
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2007
    I was glad to see the Titans win.

They didnt look all that stellar but their defense looked solid.

I doubt theyll go all the way but I feel pretty good about their chances to make it into the playoffs.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited September 2007
    Excellent Broncos win that came with a pricey cost for the Buffalos.

http://x.go.com/cgi/x.pl?goto=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3012007&name=FPT-3012007-090923&srvc=sz
    My prayers are out for him, and his family
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited September 2007
    Excellent Broncos win that came with a pricey cost for the Buffalos.

http://x.go.com/cgi/x.pl?goto=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3012007&name=FPT-3012007-090923&srvc=sz
    My prayers are out for him, and his family
    Agreed! No matter what, it's still just a game and I sure hate to see anyone get hurt. Nothing but good thoughts and heartfelt prayers go out Kevin Everett . Here's to a speedy and complete recovery.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2007
    Man I hate to hear that kind of stuff. I hope he recovers 100%.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • duksbak
    duksbak Posts: 134
    edited September 2007
    Go seahawks! woot

+1 go Hawks!!
    Television: Mitsubishi WD-57732
    Front R/L: Polkaudio RTiA7
    Center: Polkaudio CSiA4
    Rear R/L: Polkaudio FXiA4
    Subwoofer: Polkaudio DSW600
    A/V Reciever: Denon 2808
    DVD/SACD: Sony Playstation 3
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2007
    Go Seahawks X 3... nice whoopin!!!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2007
    It's not over yet. The real game is on tonight.
  • thejck
    thejck Posts: 849
    edited September 2007
    Man the Vikings rock and roll. Cant wait to see if they have what it takes to keep winning. Go Purple baby...
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited September 2007
    thejck wrote: »
    Man the Vikings rock and roll. Cant wait to see if they have what it takes to keep winning. Go Purple baby...

Still not sure on T. Jackson...but it seems like all he has to do is not screw up too much with the way the defense scores
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited September 2007
    got to see the Jets crushed in person. Couple nice drives on offense, but the D just blew. Brady had enough time to debate world politics, write a damn haiku, and then throw the ball. I could have parked my car in that pocket and have it be unmolested while I watched a movie.

Me, Dave, and 3 of the chearleaders could have mounted a better pass rush for god's sake!!!!

on the bright side, I helped the wife with her football pool at work and did well (no point spreads, just pick who wins), only got 2 wrong so far, and one was a communication error. for some godawful reason I picked the chiefs. I cant even remember making that call, but the wife swears that is what I picked....DOH!!!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited September 2007
    What a crazy 1st week. Being a Fins fan, it was a mixed bag. I like what I'm seeing in general, but I'm not liking Ronnie Brown showing zero progress since he's joined the league (what's this splitting time with Jesse Chatman nonsense!?!?!) Trent Green looked better than I figured he would, and Ginn may not be a bad 1st round pick after all (as long as Quinn turns into the next Tim Couch.)

I still don't think they'll do any better than 7-9 or so, but its defintinely already looking better than when Satan Saban was around for a couple of years there....

And watch out for the Texans! They may not be superbowl contendors, and he doesn't have much protection, but I like Matt Schaub there for sure.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited September 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    Go Seahawks X 3... nice whoopin!!!

x4. Much better opener than last year.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited September 2007
    My God! Did the Eagles lay an egg or what!? They totally deserve to lose. They played well if it wasn't for the turnovers and penalties. GB did not play well enough to win that game and they only capitalized one on turnover but it was enough to best the 'birds because they just couldn't seem to get it in scoring range let alone the end zone. And the Eagles are supposed to be one of the top seeds in the NFC, yeah, right! Not the way they played yesterday.

The Redskins looked surprising. I thought for sure Miami was going to run over them, the 'skins just don't seem to have it together yet. They were awful in pre-season. But the eeked out a win over Miami who didn't look as good as I was expecting, mostly because of what jflail2 already said. Hopefully we'll see something better from both teams as the week progresses. The 'fins gotta play Dallas next week though and I think that will be a very touch game for them.

Speakin' of the 'boys! HOW 'BOUT DEM COWBOYS!?!?! Yeah, they started out rough but at one point Romo had a 146+ rating in the game. They managed to shut down the Giants pretty well. I was impressed with how T.O. handled himself. No tantrums for getting no love in the first half. He just actually exercised some patience. In the second half, he delivered big time with 3 receptions for 87 yards and 2 TD's. That's a good day for half a game in any receiver's book! But you want to talk about impressive, Burress reminded me of a Michael Irvin. I know, not the best comparison given his off-the-field record but on the field, Irvin was one of the best wide-outs to play the game and Burress looks to be standing right in those ranks if he keeps up the performance and Manning can get him the ball more often. He's got talent and he's one to watch. As far as defense, the Giants shutdown Julius Jones but couldn't seem to top Barber. They have a good defense, they just got tired too quick. They held the 'boys back through most of the first half but the second half, the GIGANTIC Cowboys offensive line just wore them down. Speaking of defense, where the hell is this "juiced up defense" Philips said he had in store? Ware was the only one with anything notable. They better get that act together, if it wasn't for the scoring ability of Romo, Owens and Barber, the Cowboy's defensive weaknesses would have been much more apparent. Lastly, Witten, if it wasn't for his number on his jersey, I'd swear I was watching Jay Novacek again. The guy was open in the middle on almost every play and he nailed his routes and blocks every time. He's a huge asset to the end of the Dallas offensive line. Yeah, Dallas has a good team this year but they need some polishing to be a champ team. They also need Glenn back from injuries. The Giants need to get rid of their injuries. Even then though, I don't think they have a champ game in their future. Playoffs yes, but no big show for them. Not this year at least.

I was surprised that the Chargers were not more potent on the offensive side. This is what they are calling the Norv Turner Era and they looked sloppy. The talent is there but I was expecting more. Speaking of expecting more, what happened to the Bears? Is that the team that won the NFC Championship last year? Wow! There were seeded at the top of the ranks this year too. That is another one I was sorely disappointed in. I would like to see Turner and the Chargers do better than that too. I always thought Turner would make a good head coach and I wanted to see what he could do. So far, I'm unimpressed but he's still a rookie coach and it might just be first performance jitters. Then again, a check in the W column is still a check in the W column, doesn't matter how you do it. It's still there in the record books as a win.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited September 2007
    If one were to judge based on the first week's games, the playoffs and the Super Bowl should consist only of AFC teams. Though I do give chops to "da Bears" defense, holding down the Chargers offense like that until the 4th quarter is impressive.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • 66chevyIISS
    edited September 2007
    markmarc wrote: »
    If one were to judge based on the first week's games, the playoffs and the Super Bowl should consist only of AFC teams.

You don't get an opinion since Oregon doesn't have an NFL team :p

j/k!
    My Home Theater (WIP):

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited September 2007
    Oh wow!! I wasn't really buying into all the 3-13 predictions for my Falcies. I had seen Petrino's offense work so miraculously here in the 'ville. In fact, he prefers a pocket passer and was beginning the drink the kool-aid when the whispers started about how Harrington would be a better fit in his spread offense than Vick.

I really, truly believed they might contend as somewhat of a darkhorse.

Blech... Peterson shot all that to hell with a flurry of stiff arms, hurdles, and broken tackles. As for the "offense"... it was bad. REALLY, REALLY BAAAD!!
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited September 2007
    I feel sorry for my polk friends from Baltimore; I know; you'll blame the referees...it's always like that :D:D

WHO DEY

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2007
    No I blame Billick for horrible play calls. Why are you going to pass the ball with Boller who can't play under pressure when you are on the 2 yard line. I kept screaming "Run the God^%m BALL!" That game was SO winnable. Penalties did kill us though.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2007
    You don't get an opinion since Oregon doesn't have an NFL team :p

j/k!
    Most Oregonians (especially Portland) associate themselves with the Seahawks. The Seahawks are a pretty regional team for the entire NW. Seahwask are the "local" football team in Portland sports news.

I’ve never lived up by Seattle (Yakima, Vancouver and Beaverton (or)) and have been a die hard Seahawks fan for 25 years. I specifically remember the Steve Largent days the most.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited September 2007
    Go Cowboys!

Uh, can somebody loan us some defensive players? Doctors? Perhaps a major medical facility?
  • cruzer
    cruzer Posts: 84
    edited September 2007
  • 66chevyIISS
    edited September 2007
    I know silverti, I was just jabbing him ;) he seems to like the AFC though!

LOL Cruzer that is great!!
    My Home Theater (WIP):

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics