CL rant: Don't be a flag hag (flagger)

candyliquor35m
candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
Why? Because they are making millions off their paid for real estate ads in certain cities but they are too cheap to hire sufficient staff or update their software to control their spam problems. So they claim to be self-moderated via their flagging system but that is far from being true.

In reality they have bands of volunteer flaggers roving the ads and flagging them as a group as they see fit via unpublicized flagging forums. They especially need the flagging forums to prevent any pet sale ads because they are against BYB's (backyard breeders) and thus pet sale ads are strictly prohibited. They allow pet adoptions with a reasonable adoption fee but what an appropriate adoption fee is is a huge controversy so the roving flaggers police that as well.

But on the other hand, prostitution ads are openly welcome and unregulated including nudity, prices and phone #'s.

I personally don't have a problem with pet sale ads or prostitution ads but it seems like they should be consistent. They try to be holier than holy on some things and craig the pimp on others.

Officially or unofficially I'm not sure which, they allow anyone to flag any ad for any reason and look the other way at complaints of flagging abuse so someone could flag a personal ad for asking for a slender mate or a for sale ad for putting OBO or no price at all which happens alot. If there's no price listed, I politely move on to the next ad because if there's no price listed, it's probably not going to be a bargain and not worth wasting my time.

Bottom line is I don't flag nothing and I wish more people would do the same.
Post edited by candyliquor35m on

Comments

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited September 2007
    Flagged. :D
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited September 2007
    Face wrote: »
    Flagged. :D

Good one. I should've seen that one coming. BTW I'm not a prostitute or a BYB.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited September 2007
    It's an open system. Try policing that. We have a local battle brewing with a **** discount tv place in Richardson. They don't get that their ads drive everyone crazy, and openly go out of their way to piss off CL users.
    If you remember, the internet wasn't for commercial use.
    It just kinda happened. And now it can never go back.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited September 2007
    I'm pissed that you can only post once a week in the same category now. You can't "top" your ad anymore. What's the difference? SPAM is flagged quickly and I just scroll until I'm interested.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.