My moving nightmare story!

Fireman32
Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
Well this past weekend was part one of my 2 weekend move to North Carolina. I flew home on Thursday and spent the day packing on Friday and Saturday. On Saturday afternoon I decided to call Budget truck to confirm my reservation for the truck and the car dolly so I can tow my car behind the truck.

When I call to confirm I get this guy on the phone and he tells me that he will have the truck but not the dolly. When I ask him what I need to do to get the dolly he tells me "I dont know" I ask what do you mean you dont know. He tells me its not his problem. So I call the customer service line and tell them my situation and they tell me that they will foward ti to the inventory manager and someone will call me in 2 hours. 2 Hours later still no call so I call again and they tell me the same story and to wait another 2 hours. By now I am very pissed off. My friend Marie decides to call them and try to get an answer and gets the same story. An hour later the manager finally calls and tells me that I can go to another location to pick up the dolly and issue is solved.

Fast foward to the next morning. I drive over to the place to pick up the truck and the one that i reserved is not there. They only have a 10' and a 24' truck and I reserved a 15' truck. They guy in the office is the same idiot that i talked to the day before and he tells me that my truck is not here and to call customer service. At this point I am ready to snap. 3 other people come in and get the same story. So I call customer service and they tell me that they will give me the 24' truck for the same price. I tell the guy this and he finally starts to write up my paperwork. He takes my credit card and charges me and then his system goes down. So what does he do? he makes a personal call and ignores me and everyone else waiting for service. After 5 minutes I ask the guy whats going on and he still ignores me. Finally I snap and start screaming at the guy and he tells me that he is not giving me the truck. I told him to refund my money to my credit card and he says he did not charge me.

I call AMEX and they say that they see the charge. I again yell at the guy and he tells me that he did not charge my card. Well at this point I call the police to see if they can straighten this out. They come and unfortunatly cant do much and I have to take it up with AMEX. So I call AMEX back and the rep tells me not to worry about it and to go to the other location and get a truck from them.

Hop in the car and drive to the other location and in the lot is a truck and dolly waiting for me. The lady that runs that location called the first place to find out when I was comming to pick up the dolly and heard the story of what happened and got the truck ready for me. She then called the guy and started yelling at him to call AMEX and have my money refunded. After about 45 minutes of waiting to get that done I finally got the truck and was able to move out of my apartment.

I made the drive down today and no have to wait untill Friday to move into the new place. Hopefully the rest of the move will go smothly. I am going to call the guys manager tomorrow and hopefully get the guy fired.

Sorry about the long rant I just needed to share this with you guys.
Post edited by Fireman32 on

Comments

• mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited September 2007
    That is absolutely ridiculous! I am glad you got everything resolved though.
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2007
    Wow.. that's inexcusable in my book. One idiot I can understand.. but that many is to many.

that's why i hate moving.. nothing good ever comes from it. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • woofiepaws
    woofiepaws Posts: 215
    edited September 2007
    What rental company was this? Bad service should be rewarded with bad publicity.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited September 2007
    budget sucks for trucks. I've been standing at the counter and saw the same thing happen to others.
    My company uses Budget for car rentals. I learned that being a fast
    break member pays off. I get stuff when they are telling other customers
    they don't have any.
    Budget was bought out when the market tanked a couple of years ago.
    I don't remember who took them over, but they are just a shell of who
    they were in 2000.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited September 2007
    Dave,

Wow!!! what a bunch of **** they put you thru. You should have gotten the truck & dolly for free after the way they treated you. Well it sounds like everything worked out in the end. Best of luck!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2007
    Wow Dave you sounded pretty calm when I spoke to you Monday, who knew?

BTW THEY ALL SUCK! Budget, Ryder, Penske, and the grand daddy of replete with suckiosity is . . . U effing HAUL.

Dave if you remember me and Phyllisann had the same type of issues on our moving day. . . to add insult to injury after all that shite, when I returned the truck to Penske they tried to charge me $50 for not filling the gas tank up. I not only filled the tank to the overflowing but, brought the receipt to show the amount of fuel deposited. It's a good thing I place everything on a credit card cause the credit card company refused to pay Penske the $50.

In about six weeks you'll be sitting back enjoying your rig plus a new TT and this will be a fleeting memory!
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited September 2007
    That's why I say the "Best Trucks" Comes with Moving MEN.... They too have there issues but that's easier on the mind.

Sorry about the trouble you had, and hope that all from here out goes well for you.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited September 2007
    Lou helped me pack the truck and the tv was cushioned in 2 rolls of bubble wrap and moving blankets. I checked the load and nothing moved so I should be fine. Will know for sure on Friday when I unload it.