Drastic change to my rig

dane_peterson
dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
Well guys, it was only a matter of time. I sold the RT's as well as my Denon AVR. They were a great combination, but just not all I wanted for music.

I recently found a pair of Energy Veritas 2.3i's on my local Craigslist that I simply couldn't pass up. I'm picking them up this evening.

In the meantime, I pulled the trigger on a Jolida 1501RC hybrid integrated amp. From what I understand, these Veritas like power just like the LSi's. Instead of feeding them some borderline AVR power from a new Onkyo or Denon AVR, I decided to go with a lttle higher class. Still not as much power as I'm sure they'd like, but I demoed the speaks on a 60w amp, and they sounded good then. Of course now I'm out of funds, so surround is out of the question for a while. But I'm looking forward to messing around with this stuff for at least a couple of months.

I got the Jolida on Audiogon, so it should be here by the end of the week. I'll get some pics up when it's all put together.
Post edited by dane_peterson on

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited September 2007
    Cool. Total overhaul.

Looking forward to the review.
  • dane_peterson
    dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
    edited September 2007
    Ummm... WOW.

That's all I have to say. Just listened to Space Oddity, and picked up quite a few things I'd never noticed before. Even w/ the LSi9s. Someone came by to buy my HSU today too, so I'm listening full range. Their extension is phenomenal.

Going back to heaven for a while. I'll get back to you when I return.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2007
    I understand that the 1501 is a cool unit

I have it`s little brother....works great with the powered RT2000i`s, and the Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited September 2007
    Congrats on the upgrade Dane! Make sure to post some pics and your impressions of your new rig! You got some real nice components.:)
    Carl

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited September 2007
    New toys are good.;)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited September 2007
    Sweet :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2007
    Congrats,you'll like those Energy's.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • koz
    koz Posts: 11
    edited September 2007
    that's a sweet setup.
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited September 2007
    the 1501 was what I was getting till I found my SP3 now I am in love with it

the only thing wrong with my sp3 is it doesnt have a **** :)
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited September 2007
    And where are the pictures?????

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited September 2007
    soon soon. We just had a family reunion this weekend and my inlaws have the canon and the camcorder on borrow.
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited September 2007
    The 1501 is a fine amp. It is quite smooth in my opinion across the spectrum that you might be fooled into thinking it isn't powerful, but it is, trust me. Even then, you may want to build a savings account and spring for the modification by Underwood HiFi. I've heard what they did with an Onix cd player, and the change went from good, to superb.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3