Dogs & paper shredders...don't mix well!

pearsall001
pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
Here's a story for you that will send chills down your spine. My niece works at Univ. of Penn animal hospital in Philly. The other night during her shift a local animal hospital brought in a dog with it's tongue still stuck in a paper shredder...OUCH!! The owners never thought of the possible danger but as they say...**** happens. When it happened the owners rushed the dog w/ it's tongue still caught in shredder to their local animal hospital. The vets didn't know how to handle it so they sedated the poor dog & transported him to U of P. There they had to remove over 80% of it's tongue. The dog is doing fine but will have to fed thru a tube for quite some time. So if you have a dog & paper shredder at home please be careful!!
"2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
Post edited by pearsall001 on

Comments

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited September 2007
    ouch
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited September 2007
    Keiko wrote: »
    Wife and I are owned by 5 pomerainians.

2 poms run my house. I can't imagine 5.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited September 2007
    Ouch is right!

Keiko, congrats on taking such wonderful care of a dog who started out so poorly. But with your love and care has lived a long & healthy life!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2007
    Oh man if that happened to my Moose the guilt would be overwhelming. It is amazing how much love a dog can bring into a home. I hope Moose lives as long as Keiko.
  • pearsall001
    edited September 2007
    Oh man if that happened to my Moose the guilt would be overwhelming. It is amazing how much love a dog can bring into a home. I hope Moose lives as long as Keiko.

We feel the same way for our "Little" baby, Jake & his playmate Cubby. It really is unbelievable how emotional we are with our pets. That truly is a good thing though. Long & happy lives to Moose, Keito & all Polkies pets!!

PS...did your stomach heal up alright after Jake's love nip? :)
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    Love nip!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA that pooch is so big his mouth is the size of a full grown male lion.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited September 2007
    You have a pet moose? Did I miss something somewhere?

Do you have a gun license pending or something and you had to trap the moose rather than shoot it?

:confused:
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    Moose!

His name is Moose because his paws at age 4 months were as big as they are now.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited September 2007
    I might have to call BS on a dog getting his tongue stuck by accident. Sitting here looking at my shredder...........its not possible. No accident.

EDIT: My guess is that someone was teasing the dog, watching the paper quickly disappear into the shredder and the dog chased it down the slit.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • pearsall001
    edited September 2007
    I might have to call BS on a dog getting his tongue stuck by accident. Sitting here looking at my shredder...........its not possible. No accident.

EDIT: My guess is that someone was teasing the dog, watching the paper quickly disappear into the shredder and the dog chased it down the slit.

Man, I hope that's not the case. I'll have to check with my niece to see if they did more of an investigation on how the "accident" really happened.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited September 2007
    This reminds me of the time a woman came into the ER with a meat grinder attached to what was her hand.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited September 2007
    Moose!

His name is Moose because his paws at age 4 months were as big as they are now.

Knew I was missing something.....just wasnt adding up.