Doing my part to help out USPS

exalted512
exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
I'm so sick and tired of junk mail. My girlfriend and I get 'Chase' offers about 4x a week. So I'm going to start doing my part to help the USPS generate revenue by sending back their letters with everything they send me in their pre-paid envelopes. Anyone know if I can put rocks in it and theyll charge them more? Id gladly do it.
-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2007
    I've been doing that since I saw Andy Rooney's rant about junk mail. I tear up all the literature into little pieces and put anything else laying around like cardboard into the pre-paid envelops.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited September 2007
    It would be interesting to know how much junk mail they get returned and what that costs the tax payers.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited September 2007
    I have lifelock. My identity is safe and no more junk mail! Best $10 a month ever.
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited September 2007
    I've been doing that since I saw Andy Rooney's rant about junk mail. I tear up all the literature into little pieces and put anything else laying around like cardboard into the pre-paid envelops.

Same here. I'm glad to see the post office get paid for this crap they (CC Companies) send us. I'll find other stuff from other mailings to put in there, too, just in case they go by weight! :D
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • lomic
    lomic Posts: 407
    edited September 2007
    http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/3/1/13940/79585

The method outlined on that site may be more effective. Personally I try not to mess with the people who control my credit score. One "glitch" in their computer could take weeks if not months to correct.
    Dodd Audio ELP [ Tubes ] // Harman Kardon AVR330 // Parasound HCA-1203A // Denon DVD-2900
    Polk Audio LSi9, LSiC, LSi 7 // HSU STF-2 // Signal Cable Interconnects (SG BW/A2/MP)
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2007
    janmike wrote: »
    It would be interesting to know how much junk mail they get returned and what that costs the tax payers.

Supposedly, the USPS is the only government agency that is completely self-funded - IE they use no tax funds.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    lomic wrote: »
    http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/3/1/13940/79585

The method outlined on that site may be more effective. Personally I try not to mess with the people who control my credit score. One "glitch" in their computer could take weeks if not months to correct.

Anything that bears my name, address, phone number etc is omitted on the return junk mail.
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Supposedly, the USPS is the only government agency that is completely self-funded - IE they use no tax funds.

Yep, have you noticed that they are selling sports memorabilia, art and other non-postal related items?
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited September 2007
    SolidSqual wrote: »
    I have lifelock. My identity is safe and no more junk mail! Best $10 a month ever.

Me too. I don't know how effective it is but no more junk mail offers.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited September 2007
    exalted512 wrote: »
    I'm so sick and tired of junk mail. My girlfriend and I get 'Chase' offers about 4x a week. So I'm going to start doing my part to help the USPS generate revenue by sending back their letters with everything they send me in their pre-paid envelopes. Anyone know if I can put rocks in it and theyll charge them more? Id gladly do it.
    -Cody

Do you have a Chase card? There is usually a Opt-Out option if you do, it can be located on their website or in the documentation you got when you first got the card. If you did not then you can opt out of prescreened offers here.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2007
    I let it all accumulate in a box, burn it, and fertilize my trees with it. Good ash has done wonders for the young oak in the backyard.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited September 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    I let it all accumulate in a box, burn it, and fertilize my trees with it. Good ash has done wonders for the young oak in the backyard.

give right back to that from which they came. i'm no tree-hugger, but i do wonder just how many trees have to die for this advertising bs.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.