Michigan fall down go boom.

polksda
polksda Posts: 716
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
Divisian I-AA powerhouse Appalachian State makes Michigan look silly AT HOME. Talk about getting pwned.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=272440130

*chortle* *chortle* :D
Post edited by polksda on

Comments

• avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited September 2007
    Good Lord...that was something else. And they got beat at home, too! You just never know when the underdogs are going to come in and win in college football.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 996
    edited September 2007
    As an Ohio State grad you'd think I'd be happy..... but I'm not. I always like to see both Ohio State and Michigan be undefeated going in to the big game at the end of the regular season.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited September 2007
    hahahaa

Go dawgs!
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited September 2007
    Little town of Boone,NC will never be the same.

note to self...stay out of Boone this week.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2007
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,712
    edited September 2007
    F*&King season is ruined! I had high hopes for my boys this year...bringing back Hart, Henne, and Manningham. Even if they run the table (which they probably won't), its highly unlikely they would get back up in the ranks high enough to get into the big game.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited September 2007
    IT cracked me up to see Michigan lose. At least this way we won't have hear about them all year, unlike Notre Dame, but because they are gonna be bad. I knew my Jackets could handle the Irish, but DAYUM!

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2007
    A&M won :)
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited September 2007
    It must be a great time to be a Buckeye. For all the trash talking and school pride that there is to have in the future, this loss by Michigan will always be great fodder for debate and trash talking.

How embarrasing.
  • tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited September 2007
    I was at the Ohio State vs Youngstown State game yesterday and the stadium was REALLY quiet all day until they started announcing the score of the UM game. The place went nuts. I got to see the end of the UM game at some random persons tailgate party. even though it was probably the WORST thing that could happen to the Big Ten I still loved it!
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited September 2007
    Speaking of getting spanked........anyone see the Irish get their arses handed to them by Georgia Tech ??
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited September 2007
    tonyb wrote: »
    Speaking of getting spanked........anyone see the Irish get their arses handed to them by Georgia Tech ??

I'm partial, but Tech is the most underrated team in the nation. Not that the Irish are going to be anything special this year, but Tech did what a good team is supposed to do to an inferior one and on a national TV stage at that. To Hell with Georgia! :D

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited September 2007
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited September 2007
    read-alot wrote: »
    Little town of Boone,NC will never be the same.

note to self...stay out of Boone this week.

no read-a-lot. You shoulda been there last night. Twas somethin' else.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited September 2007
    What i felt was even funnier was the smack talk being talked on Jim Rome. People calling in and saying that the AppaState fans need to know they don't sell "coon and possum" at the concession stand, and that no it's not okay for you to screw your sister.

Who's eating the crow now?
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited September 2007
    hahahaa

Go dawgs!

Got that right, 42-12 babeee! :D
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited September 2007
    Congrats to Appalachian State! Great upset, this is what college football is all about.

Michigan, the Big Ten and all their massive, big money programs will go on. This loss means nothing in the big picture. A little pride was hurt. Actually, college teams that pick schools to play as "gimme wins" deserve this once in a while.
    Carl

• 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited September 2007
    LOL to add insult to injury:

The final fallout from a disastrous opening weekend for Michigan came Tuesday, when the Wolverines dropped all the way out of The Associated Press Top 25, an unprecedented fall from No. 5 to unranked.
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • linds6285
    linds6285 Posts: 13
    edited September 2007
    any time Michigan loses it is good news for Buckeye fans....GO BUCKS
    Polk LSi15 mains
    Polk CS400i center
    Polk FXi50 rear surrounds
    Polk PSW1000 sub
    Pioneer Elite VSX-81TXV AVR
    (2) Outlaw 2200 amps
    Sony DVP-NS75H
    Pioneer 50" Plasma PDP-5080HD
    Monster power HTS1600
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited September 2007
    What i felt was even funnier was the smack talk being talked on Jim Rome. People calling in and saying that the AppaState fans need to know they don't sell "coon and possum" at the concession stand, and that no it's not okay for you to screw your sister.

Who's eating the crow now?

??? I'm not even sure how that was supposed to be funny (if at all.)

Bitter people say some weird **** I guess...but as an App alumn with a degree in business and a desk jockey job in the world of finance, I guess I am supposed to relate somehow.... Let me call the girl right now and tell her to pick up some possum on the way home in the Audi.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2007
    Appalacian State is in the Boonies (ha, it's actually in a town called Boone, that's funny). The stereotype of people from the boonies is they eat wild game and marry their sisters.

I'm sure it's not true of you or anyone at that fine institution, it's called "trash talk".
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited September 2007
    And Now Michigan fell out of the AP top 25.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited September 2007
    I hear ya Bobman, its just lame that that's all they can come up with after a loss of that stature......resort to lameo stereotyping in lieu of addressing what basically qualifies as an @sswhipping considering the size of App's program.

Good for the big blue fans :)
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"