Advice on which brand of appliances to go with

Mazeroth
Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
My wife and I just closed on our house and we're going to get all new appliances for it. I used to work at HH Gregg (electronics store like CC and Best Buy) and they're going to give me everything at half mark-up without making me buy any sort of warranty. It was hard to distinguish between any of the makes but what really caught my eye was Whirlpool's new promotion for Labor Day. If you buy 2 select appliances you get a $100 Visa gift card. Get 3, $200. Get 4 and you get a $400 Visa gift card. All the Whirlpool appliances that we liked (stainless steel) that qualified for the $400 (since we're buying a fridge, electric stove, above stove microwave and dishwasher) were roughly the same price as the competitors' models. We'll be able to walk out with a 25.3 ft3 side-by-side, a $700 electric stove, a $400 dishwasher and a $250 microwave for $2300 with tax and delivery ($59), plus we'll get the $400 back so we'll essentially be out $1900 for a whole new kitchen lineup in stainless steel and not the newer satina painted look-alike. Oh, and they're gonna do 12 months no interest to boot (might as well take it).

With that, I called my Mom and she had nothing but bad things to say about Whirlpool. My parents have only owned a single Whirlpool product and they have had a few problems with it and Whirlpool was a complete hassle to work with. Their 7 year-old gas range just broke for the second time and now requires a match to light. The coating on the porcelain covers came off and something else went wrong as well.

Anywho, I was just wondering if you guys could all pitch in and let me know which appliance brands you prefer and which ones you dislike and why. We need to make a decision in the next 1-2 days as our house is without appliances!

Thanks!
Post edited by Mazeroth on

Comments