buying a used 360

66chevyIISS
66chevyIISS Posts: 857
edited August 2007 in The Clubhouse
Well I am buying a used Premium 360 that was built in 2006. I guess I am taking a risk, but the price isn't bad, I have been wanting one for a long time and I currently have the cash for it.

Will I be covered under the extended warranty even though I wasn't the original purchaser? I don't know how the warranty works, but I know others on this board had problems with theres. to save $100 over buying new I can risk losing it for a month while they repair it unless I am not covered :o
My Home Theater (WIP):
Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
Media Room pics
Post edited by 66chevyIISS on

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited August 2007
    Yes, you will be covered. A month or two ago Microsoft extended the warranty on all 360s to 3 years from the month it was manufactured. Yours will be covered until sometime in 2009.

Should you need it, the return process is very simple and straightfoward.

I had to return my Xbox once. I was not the original owner and I got my 360 fixed/replaced just fine with no hassles. I don't even think the question of console pedigree or ownership comes up in the return process.

Now, what will your Xbox live gamertag be, and what games are you going to get?
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited August 2007
    Great! thanks for the info. My mother-in-law works for microsoft, but in a completely different area. I'm not sure if she could get me the hookup if it ever needed repairs. I will have to ask. I do know she can get me discounts on any accessories and games though.

Not sure on user name, I use 66chevyiiss for almost everything so if it allows me probably that lol.

Madden 08 is a given, Tiger woods and probably Forza2. I figure on renting a bunch and borrowing from friends for a while. It comes with Burnout Revenge, Madden Football 07 collector edition, NBA live 07, Tony Hawk Project 8, pocket bike racer. I figure i will sell all of those except tony hawk to recoop some money since I will never play them anyways.
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited August 2007
    btw, the 3 year warranty is for the red rings of death errors only. yes?

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.