How's about those Phillies!!!

pearsall001
pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
Awesome 4 game sweep of their arch rival the Mets. The home stretch should be a lot of fun to watch. If they keep playing this way it looks like the Phil's are gonna take the NL East. The Mets are looking like a deer in the headlights. Ain't that a shame!!! :D
"2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
Post edited by pearsall001 on

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited August 2007
    Good luck to the Phillies! I was just thinking about some of their old teams today, with Mike Schmidt, Greg Luzinski, Steve Carlton, Bob Boone, Dick (Ritchie) Allen, Tug McGraw with Danny Ozark as Mgr.

Gene Mauck just rolled over in the grave!:eek:
    Carl

• pearsall001
    edited August 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Good luck to the Phillies! I was just thinking about some of their old teams today, with Mike Schmidt, Greg Luzinski, Steve Carlton, Bob Boone, Dick (Ritchie) Allen, Tug McGraw with Danny Ozark as Mgr.

I'll even take it back further. As a kid growing up my favorite Phillie was Johnny Callison. Just something about the guy that made me take notice. It's a shame for kids today because they can't root for any one player on their favorite team...because chances are that he'll be on another team before the ink on his jersey is dry. But you're right, Schmitty, lefty, the bull, tugger (RIP) & the gang were a ton of fun to watch.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited August 2007
    Hopefully, the Bravos will pick up where you guys left off this weekend.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited August 2007
    It's a shame for kids today because they can't root for any one player on their favorite team...because chances are that he'll be on another team before the ink on his jersey is dry. But you're right, Schmitty, lefty, the bull, tugger (RIP) & the gang were a ton of fun to watch.

You got that right Phil! Especially in the small market teams. Look at what's happened to KC, Pittsburgh, TB, and numerous others. Small market teams have a small window that they can develop a pool of young talent and win the big one before their players up for free agency.

When you and I were kids Phil, players had jobs in the off season.:eek:

Carl
    Carl

• pearsall001
    edited August 2007
    You got that right Phil! Especially in the small market teams. Look at what's happened to KC, Pittsburgh, TB, and numerous others. Small market teams have a small window that they can develop a pool of young talent and win the big one before their players up for free agency.

When you and I were kids Phil, players had jobs in the off season.:eek:

Carl

You're right about the players working on the off season to support their families. Nowadays they make so much damn money, & have so much free time that they now watch dogs fight for entertainment. Things have really changed & a lot of it is not for the better.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited August 2007

Ha ha ha he was one miserable guy. How about guys like Johnny Calison, Cookie Rojas, Tony Taylor, Jim Bunning, Bobby Wine, Tony Gonzalez etc?
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2007
    Hopefully, the Bravos will pick up where you guys left off this weekend.

Now that the first time I EVER agreed with a Braves fan.:eek: :p:D
  • pearsall001
    edited September 2007
    Ha ha ha he was one miserable guy. How about guys like Johnny Calison, Cookie Rojas, Tony Taylor, Jim Bunning, Bobby Wine, Tony Gonzalez etc?

Don't forget Clay Dalrimple! One hell of a catcher.
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    Don't forget Clay Dalrimple! One hell of a catcher.

Yep I remember Clay Dalriple! Dalrimple WAAAAA you big goof! Yes he was a great catcher. It always struck me funny that those particular years the players had some funny names.:D
  • pearsall001
    edited September 2007
    Yep I remember Clay Dalriple! Dalrimple WAAAAA you big goof! Yes he was a great catcher. It always struck me funny that those particular years the players had some funny names.:D

Nit picker!!!! Hey at our age Joe we're lucky just to remember names let alone the correct spelling!!! :rolleyes:
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    Nit picker!!!! Hey at our age Joe we're lucky just to remember names let alone the correct spelling!!! :rolleyes:

You got that right! When I was writing a list of those old timers I couldn't remember Clay Dalrymple's name.:D Ha ha ha, we both got the spelling and the pronunciation wrong!!!:D