help with power issue on EQ unit

ilikesound
ilikesound Posts: 355
edited September 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
ok, so i picked up this cadence piece for 60 bucks recently, and it seemed simple enough to put this thing in, but after i spliced into the power and ground like the instructions said, i get nothing turning on, not even my head unit. am i trying to route too much power or something to the power wire that connects to the head unit? here's a link to the unit if that helps. the manual is also there...: http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=129&idproduct=51

the only thing i have running off that 12 v source is the head unit, and i also patched into the ground, as well as the rem. turn on lead. i didn't think it would be a big issue. should i just run a dedicated power cable to the eq? would the rem. turn on lead work, or would the eq stay on continuously when the car was off? blast, please please help me out! i just got my second skin done and this is the FINAL step im taking in my system! i'll post some good pics if that's any incentive! lol:rolleyes:
At Home:
Panasonic 42'' TC-L42U12 LCD
Pioneer VSX-80TXV
Toshiba HD-XA2
Sony PS3 - psn "metalguitars"
Xbox 360 - gamertag "giggidygiggidy"
Panamax 4300EX
Polk RTi8's
Polk CSi3's
Polk FXi3's. (x2)
Martin Logan Dynamo (x2)
Audioquest interconnects and wires.

Away From Home:
JVC HDR-50
stock system in new car for now:(
Post edited by ilikesound on

Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited August 2007
  • ilikesound
    ilikesound Posts: 355
    edited September 2007
    turns out you have to stick both the 12+ and the Remote wire onto the 12+v switched ignition. weird, but expected from a 60 dollar eq. lol. sounds amazing, btw.
    At Home:
    Panasonic 42'' TC-L42U12 LCD
    Pioneer VSX-80TXV
    Toshiba HD-XA2
    Sony PS3 - psn "metalguitars"
    Xbox 360 - gamertag "giggidygiggidy"
    Panamax 4300EX
    Polk RTi8's
    Polk CSi3's
    Polk FXi3's. (x2)
    Martin Logan Dynamo (x2)
    Audioquest interconnects and wires.