Does Polk hold factory sales?

timswim78
timswim78 Posts: 38
edited August 2007 in The Clubhouse
I was pleased to learn that Polk and I share the same home-town of Baltimore, MD. Does Polk ever offer public sales (scratch and dent, closeout, etc.) at their Baltimore location?

If so, how can I get more information?
Post edited by timswim78 on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited August 2007
    No, they are not open to the public.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited August 2007
    Which is why you have to climb the back fence (by the dumpsters) and break in via the back door by the loading dock.

It's okay......we all do it.

:rolleyes:
    Sal Palooza
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited August 2007
    The Crutchfield outlet in Charlottesville, Va (not too, too far away from you) has an annual open box tent sale where they move a ton of scratch and dent speakers, receivers, older gen ipods, etc.

I got my Rti-10's and CSi-3 open box during that sale and was lucky enough to walk into a "buy one get one 1/2 off on floor standing speakers" sale.

I paid $250 for the 1st RTi-10, and got the second for $125 for a whopping grand total of $375 for the pair :eek:

The CSi-3 was also discounted as open box, but that was literally all the person did, open the box. It still had the original plastic around the speaker, and the foam between the speaker and the grill.

Needless to say, I feel like I made out like a bandit. Crutchfield's prices aren't normally the best, but if you can get into one of their local store open box sales (think its either here or in Harrisonburg?) you can do WELL. They had LSi's floor standers on sale as well, but the good people here at club polk warned me I'd need a heck of an amp for those, so I went with the rti-10's.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • thejck
    thejck Posts: 849
    edited August 2007
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited August 2007
    Yes.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • thejck
    thejck Posts: 849
    edited August 2007
    call the guy Tim you might get a good deal
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2007
    We actually tried it once in 2000. It was about a month after I started working here. It was on a Saturday and was only open to the employees in Seton business park. It was a bust and a lot of work so we never did it again.
  • timswim78
    edited August 2007
    Josh wrote: »
    We actually tried it once in 2000. It was about a month after I started working here. It was on a Saturday and was only open to the employees in Seton business park. It was a bust and a lot of work so we never did it again.

I see. My boss may have been there, because he told me that he seemed to remember picking up some Polk stuff at a sidewalk sale once.

So, what does Polk do with the stuff that companies would normally sell at sidewalk sales?
  • timswim78
    edited August 2007
    thejck wrote: »
    http://baltimore.craigslist.org/ele/398369849.html

thats in baltimore. arent they SDA??

I'm looking for bookshelf stuff. My wife would not be happy if I brought those speakers into our townhouse.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2007
    We have a "firesale" that is always in effect for Polk employees only. A lot, sadly, gets trashed. It's really not worth the effort to try to piece together empty cabinets...etc.