its too hot in St Louis!!

mod220
mod220 Posts: 30
edited August 2007 in The Clubhouse
100 degress is a bit warm for me...anyone help melting away today?
Post edited by mod220 on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited August 2007
    100?

PSSHHH

108 + Humidity last week, and was like that for 2 weeks. I'll take 100 anyday over that!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • thejck
    thejck Posts: 849
    edited August 2007
    Hey nice to see a fellow polk fan in St. Louis. temps will drop a little in 2 days.
    oh well it will be winter soon and then we will have something else to complain about
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited August 2007
    Raining like a race horse in Omaha area right now (2225L 28Aug07) and 73 degrees. :D Finally...
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited August 2007
    Temp. dropping to 35 this evening with windchill of 28. Too early for this.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited August 2007
    The nice thing about it being so hot in the Midwest is that it is such a convenient time for your condenser fan's "permanently lubed" bearing to lock up. :mad:

My fault, though, for being too lazy to change it before it went south.
    Grainger and $75 and an hour underneath the deck, and VOILA ! Nice air conditioner ...... We Luv You !! :)
    Sal Palooza
  • jrlouie
    jrlouie Posts: 462
    edited August 2007
    mod220 wrote: »
    100 degress is a bit warm for me...anyone help melting away today?
    So hot it's gross. I'm downtown too so I get to cook on all the concrete. I can't wait until fall.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited August 2007
    today we are expecting 102 with humidity
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    edited August 2007
    jrlouie wrote: »
    So hot it's gross. I'm downtown too so I get to cook on all the concrete. I can't wait until fall.

I have a friend who lives in the old Mercantile Bank Bldg. - forgot the name of the place. Nice though, but 1200sf is not enough living space for me. I know the Mississippi/Missouri River Valleys can get unbearable during the summer heat. I grew up in S. IL.

BTW, the Astros took this last series from the Cards. :p
    [
  • thejck
    edited August 2007
    it was cooler in st. louis today.
    i hate this heat and humidity man causing me all sorts of health issues.
  • jeremie
    jeremie Posts: 246
    edited August 2007
    I am from St. Louis as well, we should start a St. louis group.
    Receiver Yamaha 3070 *Emotiva xpa5 * Behringer iNuke 6000dsp *Monster Cable HTS 3500 -- line conditioner * Panamax 5300 * Apple 4K * Panasonic UB820 * JVC NX5 * Silver Ticket thin bezel 120”
    LSIM - Fronts 707 * Center 706c * Sides 702 * Rear 703 *FP RC85i * RP RC65i * Sub (2) SI HT18
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited August 2007
    Sunny and 85 at Disneyland today, oh, and no lines. I love when summer is over!
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • jrlouie
    jrlouie Posts: 462
    edited August 2007
    miner wrote: »
    BTW, the Astros took this last series from the Cards. :p
    Yeah, yeah, I know.

They didn't win the past two games I went to either. Last Thursday I had free tickets so I guess I can't complain. Although it was freaking miserably hot. Last Friday I went and there was a rain delay but no big deal, we just sat in the apartment and drank until we saw them taking the tarp off on TV and then we walked over.

Just got back from the pre-season Rams game. Three free tickets, cha-ching. They got beat by the Chiefs. I'm kind of sad because I grew up in KC.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited August 2007
    59 degrees F right now at 0117L - opened some windows to let all that cool moist air in house - nice...
  • thejck
    edited August 2007
    jeremie wrote: »
    I am from St. Louis as well, we should start a St. louis group.

who else is from St. Louis or this area. I live across the river...step up ladies and gentleman
  • C3 Audio
    C3 Audio Posts: 43
    edited August 2007
    thejck wrote: »
    who else is from St. Louis or this area. I live across the river...step up ladies and gentleman

Weather is pretty sweet today. High of 86, low of 57. Stick around a while and it will change again.
    I'm in Imperial, MO. and work in St. Louis.

Have a good holiday weekend!
    C3
    Conrad Johnson PV14L
    Rotel RCD-1072 CDP
    Carver TFM-25
    Polk SDA 1C's with upgraded xovers