New toy

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited August 2007 in The Clubhouse
Got my new add to the HT friday. The tv stand is new also. Samsung HP-T5054 plasma 50".

232962e89da0aa1b7c3a4110.L.jpg

4cdf62e89da0aa1b7c3a4110.L.jpg
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2007
    I've never seen a black and white HDTV, cool. ;)
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2007
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited August 2007
    Verrrrry nice!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2007
    I see vibrant color in the walls, trim, your stand, gear.....

The video picture looks b&w in comparison, just hackin' on ya.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited August 2007
    Copngrats,Sammy makes a great plasma.If you think Over the Hedge or The Wild looks good try Happy Feet if you haven't already.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2007
    Probably the **** camera. The picture looks awesome. I went from a rear projection CRT 65" to this. It's gonna be a great football season!
  • Shannon W.
    Shannon W. Posts: 568
    edited August 2007
    Welcome to the Samsung Family. But be forewarned! Their customer service SUX! I've been waiting over a month and a half now for a service repair man to come to my house to fix my Plasma. Now I just found out Friday that Samsung didn't find a service center that would travel to my house to fix my TV. So now Samsung has to find a shipping Co. that will come to my house box up my plasma and send it off for repair. Needless to say I'm not happy at all. I'm kinda hoping that its not able to be repaired because if it cant be fixed I can ether get a replacement "A refurbished unit or someone else's Junk!" or a Refund. I think I''m going to take the refund and buy a Sharp Aquos because I'm not going to take someone else's problem panel. It kinda Pisses me off because I'm supposed to have in house service but because they don't want to pay someone an honest wage to come to my house and repair my unit and to get what I payed for, now I'm going to be without a TV for who knows how long. Sorry for the rant hopefully you don't have as much trouble that I have had with Samsung.

Shannon
    50" Samsung Plasma
    Sony STR-DA4ES "use as Pre/amp"
    Pioneer Elite DV-45A DVD Player
    DLO HomeDock Deluxe iPod docking station
    Directv HR20 Sat. Receiver in black
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 7 Signature Amp
    Monster Cable AVS2000
    Monster Cable HTPS 5100 MKII
    Polk LSi 9's Front R/L
    Polk LSiC Center
    Polk LSiFX R/L Surround
    Polk LSi 7's Rear R/L
    SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1
    Sony PS3
    Click Here To View my Rig
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited August 2007
    Nice. We were going to buy a 50" plasma. We ended up buying a 41" Aquos for a great price.

Good luck and happy watching.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited August 2007
    I don't know, looks pretty damn good to me, Josh. Congrats!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited August 2007
    downsize in trade for contrast?

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited August 2007
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited August 2007
    Welcome to the Plasma family :) I was considering going 50" ( Had a Panny 42" Plasma ) and after many hours spent researching and viewing I went straight to the 58" size Plasma. The Plasma bug bites hard...enjoy your purchase

P.S. Gave my 42" to my parents...and my old school dad says " Son, its a beautiful picture...best I have ever seen " Then goes on later the next day about some channels ( I upgraded his sat system to HD as well ) " Cheating him out of his picture :) When I go over now , if the HD channel doesnt fill the screen...he watches the SD counterpart to the HD channel...it really funny..my dad does not like to get cheated :)
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited August 2007
    Also, remember to take it out of " Torch " mode for the first 100 viewing hours.....then calibrate her and forget babying it and just enjoy it.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited August 2007
    Very nice Congrats
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited August 2007
    Very nice, congratulations.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited August 2007
    Congrats. Movies and Sports have never been the same since we purchased our 50".
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2007
    When I bought this house, I already had the 65". My living room wasn't as deep as the old one and it was definitely too big for the room. Also, I'm probably going to wall mount it and the wall directly behind it can't handle anything bigger.
  • izafar
    izafar Posts: 819
    edited August 2007
    Congrats. The new Samsung 54 series panels are pretty good and have very good contrast ratio. I got the 42" from this series last week and am really enjoying it.

Check the calibration thread over at AVS for both pre burn-in and post burn-in values.
    -izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2007
  • izafar
    izafar Posts: 819
    edited August 2007
    -izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2007
    New house, new plasma?! You better hope none of the brass checks this thread. They may not realize theyre paying you so much!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited August 2007
    Nice screen, can you send me one please. Enjoy that Sammy.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited August 2007
    Congrats! Nice screen!
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2007
    Nah, I bought the house November '05.