Indivdual frequency responses of both the midbass and tweet on the mmc6500

csnut18
csnut18 Posts: 48
edited August 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey everyone, I was wondering what high pass filter frequncies should be set for both the mmc6500's tweeter and the midbass. I figure that the midbass should be set to a little higher than the lowpass on the sub. Correct me if I am wrong on that and what should the high pass be set at for the tweeter to prevent it from damage.
Post edited by csnut18 on

Comments

• ilikesound
    ilikesound Posts: 355
    edited August 2007
    2600 is where i would stick it for the tweeter. it's the same as the crossover that came with the speakers, a little higher actually. mine sound fantastic right there. also depends where you stick the tweeters physically i've found, but 2600 will prevent them from blowing at high volumes. i put my sub at around 80hz (8'' momo) and it sounds like it's coming from the front pair of components. i cross the midbass over at around 150 cause i like to play it loud as crap. i don't quite know why it sounds the way it does with those options, but i guess it's my car's response that's coming into play. play with the sub and the midbass a little, but keep the tweets at 2600 or more, no less.
    At Home:
    Panasonic 42'' TC-L42U12 LCD
    Pioneer VSX-80TXV
    Toshiba HD-XA2
    Sony PS3 - psn "metalguitars"
    Xbox 360 - gamertag "giggidygiggidy"
    Panamax 4300EX
    Polk RTi8's
    Polk CSi3's
    Polk FXi3's. (x2)
    Martin Logan Dynamo (x2)
    Audioquest interconnects and wires.