Some people are lost with no hope of return!

SLOCOOKN
SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
edited August 2007 in The Clubhouse
:eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
Sony cx985v (for now)
BBE 482i
B&K AVP 1030
Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
Nordost RCA
SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
Belkin pf60
Carver TFM 55x
Signal Analog 2 RCA
AudioQuestType 4
VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
Post edited by SLOCOOKN on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited August 2007
    Ya, that’s actually pretty common. There was a lot of studies devoted to that which we looked at in some of my college sociology class's.. Its basically human nature unfortunately. I'd take my gun down there and point it at his head and would ask him strait up "Do you feel lucky... well do you... punk".
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited August 2007
    It's all because of the mercury in their fillings and that they park their cars in the street.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited August 2007
    If I lived there, my biggest decision would have been to grab the AR-15, glock 19, glock 26, my baby .25 cal, the stun gun, or a riot sized bottle of pepper spray.

Silverti, you're correct. Everyone thinks, someone else will call. I forget what it's called, but it's something along the lines of crowd mentality.

F1nut, this topic really upsets me, but that comment still got a good laugh out of me.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • frreo1
    frreo1 Posts: 73
    edited August 2007
    France has laws on the books which would prosecute anyone who witnesses a crime and does nothing to stop it.
  • F1nut
    edited August 2007
    They certainly didn't have that law when Hitler invaded.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited August 2007
    Damn Face, we need to goto the range, or at least one that can handle that lineup.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2007
    They did a story on the local news here a couple years ago along these lines. They hired 2 actors, man and woman, to play husband and wife and the gave the wife a baby stroller with a toy baby inside. Then they walked around a local park and yelled at each other. Then the man started pushing the woman, grabbing her by the hair, grabbing her by the face and yanking her around - all sorts of things. Out of the entire time they were doing this only ONE guy came running to help! I couldnt believe that so many "men" would just turn a blind eye!

Hell I brought it up here and 90% of the responses were that I was either wanting to be Mr Tough Guy or the **** had it coming or you could get sued or you could get shot......

John Wayne is rolling over in his grave.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • F1nut
    edited August 2007
    Mac, it's the result of the PC movement. God help us because they won't.

President of Club Polk

• MacLeod
    edited August 2007
    I think its worse than that Jesse. I think it has more to do with the pussification of society! Kids cant play dodgeball in school because they might get hurt. They cant play tag because its too much pressure to be "it". They cant keep score or have actual grades because it would hurt their feelings if they lost a game or failed a test.

Is it any wonder they wouldnt want to stand up to defend somebody?

The Greatest Generation is aptly named. Looks like its been downhill ever since.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • F1nut
    edited August 2007
    Bro, we're on the same page. The PC movement IS the pussification of society.

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited August 2007
    MacLeod wrote: »
    I think it has more to do with the pussification of society!

GAME, SET, MATCH!!! It's disgusting what has become of our society.:(
  • MacLeod
    edited August 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    Bro, we're on the same page. The PC movement IS the pussification of society.

Good point.

Hopefully we'll snap out of it or maybe our kids will get tired of peing pussies and toughen up.

• AALEE
    AALEE Posts: 51
    edited August 2007
    I think it is a state of reclusion where we can get everything from our secure envirnment. The whole idea of getting back to "nieghborhood" within today's society should be by us. We need to protect our nieghbors or they won't protect us. I am fortunate to be in a community that shares this attitude. Very sorry for the people that don't.
  • dholmes
    dholmes Posts: 1,136
    edited August 2007
    Wasnt a woman back in the seventies stabbed to death in New York city & no one helped.
    My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited August 2007
    You mean the old Kitty Genovese story?
    37 Who Saw Murder Didn't Call the Police

Apathy at Stabbing of Queens Woman Shocks Inspector

By MARTIN GANSBERG

For more than half an hour thirty-eight respectable, law-abiding citizens in Queens watched a killer stalk and stab a woman in three separate attacks in Kew Gardens. Twice the sound of their voices and the sudden glow of their bedroom lights interrupted him and frightened him off. Each time he returned, sought her out and stabbed her again. Not one person telephoned the police during the assault; one witness called after the woman was dead.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited August 2007
    Didn't they make a movie about her story?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited August 2007
    Couldn't tell ya, but I know they talk about her in the beginning of Boondock Saints, and the theme of people's indifference to crimes is used through out the movie.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited August 2007
    Gaara wrote: »
    Boondock Saints

One of my all time favorites. I have every version i.e. VHS & DVD of it.