HTRookie's "Vinyl Funding" sale.

Options
Ricardo
Ricardo Posts: 10,636
edited September 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I need to offset the cost of the vinyl rig...as usual you always end spending more, and then wanting more.

Two TAD-60 Tube amps -60WPC

I liked these amps so much that I had decided to keep them even though I'm using the Belles for my rig; unfortunately the money tree in my backyard dried some time ago, so they must go now.
Powerful and beautiful sound. I've driven SDA's with them (yes, common ground), and most recently they were bi-amping my Tylers. Who said tubes don't throw deep and tight bass? Whoever said that has not listened to these.
I bought these from Norm (Normanality), and they are in great condition. I will rate them VERY conservatively at 8/10.
They have gain control (can be used without a pre) and feedback adjustment. Can run on triode mode (SET for the first 10 watts) or Ultra Linear mode. Manual biasing. They are heavy at 45 pounds each, and have the "SuperA" factory upgrade (I honestly don't know what this upgrade includes).

They come with:

Unit #1: Unit #1 was sold.
4 Tungsol 6550
4 JJ KT77
5 EH 6CA7
6 Svetlana EL34's
2 JJ 12AU7 and 1 EH 12AX7, less than 20 hours on these.
Generic Power Cord

Unit # 2: *SOLD*
5 EH 6CA7
5 JJ KT77
4 Svetlana EL34
2 JJ 12AU7 and 1 EH 12AX7, less than 20 hours on these.
Multimeter for biasing (Unit #1 does not come with one, but you can use any $15 multimeter that reads DC volts)
Generic Power Cord

I have not tested all these tubes so cannot guarantee they all work, though I have no reason to believe they don't. I will label the tubes that were last used and working in each amp.
Power tubes will be shipped in a separate box. Buyer will need to bias upon receipt (Instructions will be included).

Original double box will go inside a third box.

More info here:
http://www.tubeaudiodesign.com/

Each unit $675 shipped to CONUS

TAD 803SD Monitors

These are what I would call fun speakers; kevlar crossoverless driver and a supertweeter. They have mids as sweet as honey and sound great with tubes. They lack in the low end, but with the right subwoofer they will shine. For the price, you won't find anything close to them. I compared them side by side with the Von Schweikerts VR1's, and even though the VR1's won hands down, I still liked the mids of these better. They have a switch that enhances the tweeters (high/low); I could not hear a difference here, but my 48 years old ears don't get too high on hertz.....

You can see the current version here (mine are not real wood)

http://www.tubeaudiodesign.com/

Will ship in original double box. Grills included.

EDIT: speakers were in storage since I brought them back from Chicagofest. I took them out for pictures and I remembered a couple of things:
1.-"Moonrocks": Paul offered this "tweak" for the speakers, which consists in adding 10 lb of "rocks" in the cabinet; this adds weight and tightens the bass..it really does. They are held in place and free from rattling with a dusty substance he added to the moonrocks. I took them out and will ship in a separate box for the buyer to add them. Will include instructions.
2.-I added a threaded insert at the bottom to attach to the stands; don't look pretty, but does not affect sound and you won't see it (And you can use it).

*SOLD*

Sanus 30" stands

These are in great condition (maybe a little dusty?); will ship in original box with all hardware (assembly required)

*SOLD*

Please post in this thread if you're interested, and then PM me.

Money order/Paypal (add 1.5%) or check. I might wait for clearance depending on the buyer.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
SOPA
Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
Post edited by Ricardo on

Comments