Need help making a digital video file

disneyjoe7
disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
edited August 2007 in The Clubhouse
Ok I needed a digital file of my product the DVRBB which can be seen at www.dvrblackbox.com/dvrbb.htm I had someone who owns one make some videos for me to make some better videos for the web page. The trouble I had is that web video software only likes the avi file format. The videos done are in mpg format which I can convert to avi but I loss the sound of the video, or I can change the mpg name to avi and that works as a windows media file but the web video converter errors out. The person who made the video did so by a modified Replaytv recorder which makes the mpg video file, so he's unable to modify the file type. The trouble is that this file which works in windows media doesn't seem to work anywhere else, so I'm thinking the mpg file type is more like Heinz 57 in making the file. :(

So I'm considering making a 8mm video file from a old camcorder which I can convert to an avi file using a video capture device back into the computer. Good idea or am I missing something? Capturing video is all new to me.

Speakers
Carver Amazing Fronts
CS400i Center
RT800i's Rears
Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
Parasound Halo A23
Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
Pioneer 79Avi DVD
Sony CX400 CD changer
Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

Post edited by disneyjoe7 on

Comments

• ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited August 2007
    So are you wanting to re-shoot it with like a Hi-8 camcorder or film whats been filmed? If you want, you can send me the file and I will try and convert it for you if that would work best.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • disneyjoe7
    edited August 2007
    I could send the a file to you to see if you can convert it, but I think you will need to download the web page video converter demo to see if it worked. I'm using AVS4U video converter software then the web page software (which is on computer 3 I get the name later for you)

Steve

Or thinking just re-shoot it using my laptop and the camcorder.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited August 2007
    The problem is the quality when reshooting. If you can convert WMA to AVI then you can use Windows Media Encoder to capture the screen it plays in and get a perfect copy.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/encoder/default.mspx
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • disneyjoe7
    edited August 2007
    ledhed wrote: »
    The problem is the quality when reshooting. If you can convert WMA to AVI then you can use Windows Media Encoder to capture the screen it plays in and get a perfect copy.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/encoder/default.mspx

That seems to be the missing link I needed, don't understand it all but it works. So I take this x.mpg file converter to x.wma file, then convert this to x.avi file which works :) I get video and sound back. When I remove the x.wma file so it's x.mpg to x.avi I get video only loss audio of video.:rolleyes:

Don't understand but it works :)

Thanks

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD