What kind of

jflail2
jflail2 Posts: 2,868
edited August 2007 in The Clubhouse
Goddamn barbaric country are we trying to "liberate"???? Who the f*ck would do this????

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/08/22/iraq.boy/index.html

Obviously we are trying to liberate the people like this boy's family that don't deserve to live in conditions like this, but WTF.....How can anyone see honor in the **** these crazy extremists use to perpetuate fear in Iraq???

Sorry, this one just blew me away. I know these stories are a dime a dozen, but this one kicked me in the jimmy hard for some reason...
2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
Post edited by jflail2 on

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited August 2007
    And how is this related to audio....general interest........jokes.....or babes????

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited August 2007
    HTrookie wrote: »
    And how is this related to audio....general interest........jokes.....or babes????

The Clubhouse forum is available for any and all things not audio...with certain restrictions for religion and politics. I guess his post could fall under those categories but it is really about the world and/or the "Human Condition". To each his own. If it is of no interest...no one will respond and it will fade into the depths of the forum. It is about sad, deplorable act...and while not pleasant, it exists and maybe should be brought to light...even here.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2007
    i'm speechless.... how can one human being do that to another? especially a child. Those masked men who did that are not human beings. Why do the most horrific disgusting things come out of Iraq?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited August 2007
    HTrookie wrote: »

If need be I can remove it....

This isn't meant to point at a specific religion (although I did say muslim, maybe I should've just said "extremists" in general) or a certain political belief (I think dems and reps are full of ****.)

It just struck home with me for some reason. maybe b/c I have a 5 year old nephew. Maybe b/c of the senselessness of it all.

If you want me to remove it I'll be glad to. Now back to your regularly scheduled 1/2 naked chicks, bad jokes and speaker woodies. Carry on...

edit: Removed muslim from the initial post to remove all political or religious references, as per HTrookie's request.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited August 2007
    sad thing is, I'm not surprised. what surprises me is that others are surprised that this is what radical fundamentalist islamic terrorists are capable of. If they can press a button and kill everyone that does not believe there exact belief, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

killing kids aint nothing to them. these are the guys trying to kill us. it so transends the silly politics we worry about on a daily basis. we worry about abortion, healthcare gun control.:rolleyes:
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited August 2007
    Barbaric things happen in all wars. Maybe the story isn't true?

Civilians and children always get the worst in war.

Sad.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited August 2007
    By all means, please proceed.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman