Help me ID small RTA speaker

Options
Emanon13
Emanon13 Posts: 3
edited August 2007 in Vintage Speakers
Hey. Newbie here. Love my RTA 8TLs. Just changed 50w Yamaha receiver (inexpensive early 90s w Yamaha sources) for 35w NAD integrated amp (mid-90s w NAD sources). No hookup yet. Will I hear differences? I'll be getter better interconnects. Reasonable suggestions? Sound seemed "muddier" over the years. Each old component had issues.

Anyway, real question: What bookshelves do I have? See photos in later posting. Purchased with RTA 8TLs in early 90s at United Audio. Look like same woofer/tweeter but 2-way bookshelves. About 14"h x 10"w x 8"d. Sound great, maybe "cleaner" than 8TLs (no bottom, oc). Sticker ID gone. Tried to ID but can't. Thanks for helping.
Post edited by Emanon13 on

Comments

• avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Without pictures of the speakers, I'm clueless. As far as the difference of sound between the NAD and the Yamaha receiver, your ears will have to tell you that. I would just hook it up and compare. The NAD integrated is a very musical and underrated amplifier that should sound pretty good and different than the Yamaha. But, again, your ears have to decide that.

Welcome to the forum....
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • Emanon13
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Thanks for replying. My bad re photo. Here. Have grills.
    4.jpg 143.5K
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I think that they are monitor 4's IIRC
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Emanon13
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Thanks, George. Found same (different finish) on ebay to confirm. Polk Audio Studio Monitor 4. What's the "IIRC"? Also... Why doesn't Polk (and many others) keep listings and descriptions of previous products? I can't find it here. Anyway, hard to believe you can get them for $50-60. 25% rule...?