Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
edited September 2007 in Vintage Speakers
Post edited by Joe08867 on

Comments

• avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited August 2007
    Options
    This is about the 5th time they have re-listed these for whatever reason. Most people don't want to ship these as they are 135lbs. I know I wouldn't as I did mine local pickup and is the only way I'd want a large set. Must not be too many takers on these in the NM area.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • geoff727
    geoff727 Posts: 546
    edited September 2007
    Options
    I bought these 2 weeks ago. Decided to just bite the bullet and take my chances, figuring that by the time they arrived, they might be an excellent candidate for a full restoration (which I'd like to do anyway).

The guy still hasn't shipped them- 2 weeks later- and so far refuses all attempts at communication. Very frustrating ebay'er. Hopefully soon, though.
    Polk SDA SRS 2
    Polk RTA 15tl
    Polk Monitor 7C
    Polk Lsi9

Infinity RS-II (modded)
    Infinity RS-IIIa (modded)
    Infinity RS 2.5 x 2

Magnepan 1.6QR (modded)

System: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vevol&1290711373
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited September 2007
    Options
    geoff727 go get these, shipping on big units is a disaster waiting to happen. Their some of my favorite speaker.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • geoff727
    geoff727 Posts: 546
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Yes, I was thinking about taking the road trip to get them. But, from where I live, it would have cost me a lot more than they're worth, realistically, to rent a U-Haul for this long a distance. So I decided to take my chances. And IF they get here, they might need a tremendous amount of work, which I'm more than happy to do. Oh well, I'll just keep my fingers crossed and keep watching for something in the SRS model line closer to my home.
    Polk SDA SRS 2
    Polk RTA 15tl
    Polk Monitor 7C
    Polk Lsi9

Infinity RS-II (modded)
    Infinity RS-IIIa (modded)
    Infinity RS 2.5 x 2

Magnepan 1.6QR (modded)

System: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vevol&1290711373