I made it home with my wallet intact!!!!

pearsall001
pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
edited August 2007 in The Clubhouse
After spending the day with another audio buddy of mine over at Quest for Sound, I'm still in full control of my wallet!! LOL!! It was my friends first time there & he was simply in awe of the place. Stephens speaker selection is an audiophiles wet dream. I must say I heard many very, very, good speakers. The ones that topped the list in my price range were the AAD 2003 floorstanders, Jas Audio Orsus & a new comer that caught my ear, the Hyperion HPS-938. Plenty to think about for now. After about 4hrs we called it a day & headed home. Now I'm listening to my AAD 2001 monitors & I have to scratch my head...what am I thinking about here??? I love these speakers!!! Do we ever stop thinking about changing things up? What a great day it was! :D
"2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
Post edited by pearsall001 on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited August 2007
    What about the new square turntables???

Man I'm still pissed that I missed this trip but I'm glad you had a good time and best of all no dent in your bank account.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited August 2007
    The only way I can go into a store like that is if I literally leave my wallet at home, so I thought. Kudos to you. The last time I walked into my favorite shop [with no wallet] I still walked out with a new stereo rack and a new TT. There's no hope for me.:rolleyes:

(If you are wondering how I did it. They all know me very well there.)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~