Opinions - RTA -12B or SDA 2B's ?

Options
M12RTA
M12RTA Posts: 12
edited August 2007 in Vintage Speakers
So anybody compared RTA 12B's to SDA -2B ? I assume the SDA-2B were made about 8 or 9 years more recently - Does that make them better ?
Thanks
Post edited by M12RTA on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Age alone does not make a speaker better or worse. Having said that, if I had to choose between the two, I'd take the 2B's.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited August 2007
    Options
    The RTA-12(I've had the 'C' model) and SDA 2B are two of the favorite Polks I've owned.

In my experience, the former has better point source imaging and depth, the latter a wider sound stage and tighter bass response. The 2Bs will require a common ground amplifier or ground strapped monoblocks, if that's a consideration.

Neither speaker will disappoint you.
  • M12RTA
    M12RTA Posts: 12
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies... Sounds like I need to get them side by side...
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2007
    Options
    The RTA-12(I've had the 'C' model) and SDA 2B are two of the favorite Polks I've owned.

In my experience, the former has better point source imaging and depth, the latter a wider sound stage and tighter bass response. The 2Bs will require a common ground amplifier or ground strapped monoblocks, if that's a consideration.

Neither speaker will disappoint you.

I believe this is the most accurate description of the two loudspeakers.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.