Request for good wishes for Julia Marie's trip.

mrbigbluelight
mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
Well, it's about time for Julia Marie's arrival (my daughter called tonight and said her plug had passed), and I figure some of you guys have an "In" with "The Big Guy Upstairs", so: I'd like to request a prayer or two for her safe (but short) journey from her little room (comfortable, but I take it it's getting crowded in there) into the real world.

Everything looks good so far, but ..... well, a little word to The Wise would be much appreciated and always welcomed. :)

Thanks !

..... I guess I ought to get some sleep.
Sal Palooza
Post edited by mrbigbluelight on

Comments

• Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited August 2007
    You're gonna be a grandpa?
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited August 2007
    prayer sent
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited August 2007
    Prayers sent...& pass out the cigars!!! Congrats!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited August 2007
    congrats,,,godspeed,,prayers sent :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited August 2007
    Congrats Blue,

Great days ahead.
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited August 2007
    As one of your family advisor's, I was going to recommend you pick up a beautiful grand-daughter.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited August 2007
    Congatulations!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited August 2007
    Congratulations to all involved:D

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited August 2007
    Congrats!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited August 2007
    Congrats on your new baby turtle!(thats what my niece called my nephew when my sister was pregnant with him, "Mommy is gonna have a baby turtle!" she used to tell everyone)

Anyway, congrats
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited August 2007
    Our prayers are with her and you grandpop!
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited August 2007
    sweet!

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited August 2007
    I've never heard this term "plug has passed".........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited August 2007
    Congrats; prayers sent.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2007
    brettw22 wrote: »
    I've never heard this term "plug has passed".........

It is the mucous plug that holds the fluid in the uterine sack in place while the baby grows. Once that "plug has passed" the water "breaks" leaves the uterus and the birthing process has begun.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited August 2007
    eeeesh Brett, you just HADDA ask :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited August 2007
    anyhoo, wishing a ton of luck for the tyke's arrival......congrats gramps :p
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited August 2007
    It going to be a reel good thing.

Prayer sent.

RT1
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited August 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    eeeesh Brett, you just HADDA ask :D
    Seriously.......you think a **** would have known that? not this one...........lol.............
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited August 2007
    Any word?
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited August 2007
    Congrats to the family and best of luck
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited August 2007
    Congrats!
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • mrbigbluelight
    edited August 2007
    Nothing yet, but the daughter's still in a real good mood, feeling fine.
    Julia Marie's still head-down, trying to find the exit, I guess; I thought she had that figured out when she poked the mucous plug out (my theory), but I guess I was wrong.
    Her OBGYN said her water should break sometime this weekend, though.

My grandson, aka "Bubba", is also in attendance ( 1 1/2 years old ), along with his Poppa ( a journeyman carpenter ), so she's in pretty good hands.
    Between those two, along with my expert advice :rolleyes: , why .... well .... I don't really see why we need to go to the hospital in the first place, but I guess that's the way modern women are.

Back in the day, when Native American women gave birth, the husband would give the woman a stick to bite down on and she'd go out in the woods to deliver the baby herself. I know this because I saw the movie, "Little Big Man", with Dustin Hoffman. Then, when she was done, she'd clean up, bring the baby back to the tepee, and get her husband a sammich !

Ahhhh, the good ol' days ! :)

Thanks a ton for the prayers and good wishes. I/we really appreciate it.
    No kidding.
    The "Big Guy Upstairs" got us all a little spoiled with the first grandchild ("Der Bubba"; what a great kid !), but we're all just wishing for "10 toes, 10 fingers, and stuff in the right place".

Thanks to Joe for the medical explanation for the mucous plug; I thought everyone knew that, but ..... well ...... I guess it's like cable vs wires. The answer is obvious, but some folks just don't know. ;)

BTW, I've read somewhere that in Utah the women aren't allowed to "make babies", so I guess that would explain that particular situation. :rolleyes:
    I'm not sure if that makes all the men in Utah ****; guess I'll have to look that up.

Well, I haven't called my daughter and SIL in the last hour, so it's time for my "Everything Okay ?" call. I'll post an update as they come available.

Again, thanks a ton for the prayers and good wishes ! I'm a firm believer that they help. :D

.....you know, we may just go over there and watch the Cardinals/Cubs game.
    This waiting is pretty strenuous on my sons and I, and .... well, we could use some sammiches !
    Sal Palooza
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited August 2007
    brettw22 wrote: »
    Seriously.......you think a **** would have known that? not this one...........lol.............

We, at Club Polk, are seriously disappointed:p
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • mrbigbluelight
    edited August 2007
    Just a little update:

Julia Maire's still as snug as a bug in a rug, good heart rate, good movements inside her cubbyhole, still head down, but ..... in no rush to come out !

The daughter and son-in-law go mall walking every night when he comes home from work, just to stir the pot a little and maybe get a little activity going, but ...... okay, it's okay to come out now !!

Thanks again for all the prayers and good wishes, they're greatly appreciated.

Julia's mom and dad and brother are waiting, and her 2 uncles and Grampers are ready to play ! So ...... c'mon already !

Thanks again ! :)
    Sal Palooza
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited August 2007
    Tell them to have sex as much as possible. The prostaglandin in the sperm will help induce labor.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited August 2007
    xsmi wrote: »
    Tell them to have sex as much as possible. The prostaglandin in the sperm will help induce labor.

judging what MBBL said she is in the hospital.......so I have a strange feeling sex in the hospital is a bit out of the question, especially on those sucky beds that move in every direction.

Although I do admit sex on one of those beds would be fun with all the positions you can put it in.......

Anywho, good luck gramppppssss(for the 2nd time)
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited August 2007
    Congrats MBBL and good luck! The docs will make sure everything is working just fine... Maybe she's just practicing for her big entrance!
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2007
    This seems to me to be a long time between the plug passing and the actuall birth. That little girl knows a good thing!
  • mrbigbluelight
    edited September 2007
    Just a quick note:

Good News !
    8 lbs 14 ounces.
    10 toes/10 fingers, already lifting her head and directionaly responding to sounds, ......

....Thanks and pix to follow.

THANKS !!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Sal Palooza