I seen a receiver thread and No one mentioned Integra

faster100
faster100 Posts: 6,124
edited October 2002 in Electronics
Hey i have been off here for a few days and just read some posts i missed, One was about buying a new receiver, I heard all the usual brands including Onkyo my fav, But no one mentioned Onkyo's Integra line of receivers??? Not purchasable at Circuit city
I had the TXsv727 onkyo from CC for 5 years and wanted to upgrade so i went to a local HI-FI shop i guess you call it and said i had a onkyo and they showed me the Integra line, The DTR 6.0,7.1 and 9.1 i think were the models. I went and bought a refurbed DTR 7.1 for 300.00 less than retail which was $1,100 originally. anyways this thing is great, lots of features, TXH certified, DTS,DD, powered zone 2, 7.1 channnel capable. can't really ask for much more 100 wpc and full pre-outs for all the channels, so i just wanted to add don't forget integra! I know i never really hear anyone mention them and its mostly denon,HK and separates, so maybe check this one out. Its not the cheapest yet not near the higher priced either. Ok Thats all
MY HT RIG:
Sherwood p-965
Sherwood sd871 dvd
Rotel 1075 amp x5
LSI15 mains
LsiC center
LSIfx surround backs
Lsi7 side surrounds
SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
Rotel 1080 stereo amp
Polk sda 2B
kenwood grunt Tuner
realistic lab 450 TT
Signal cable IC
Post edited by faster100 on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2002
    faster100, good deal man! You are right, they are not mentioned that much. I love my Onkyo's and the Integra's are supposed to be even better quality. I just think when people refer to Onkyo it also includes Integra's line but they just don't seem to be as popular and widespred as the Onkyo's line. ;)
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited October 2002
    Yeah thats what i think also, You usually have to find a auth. dealer to buy one and cant just run to CC to get it, I loved my 727 Onkyo and love the Integra i have now. When i find something/brand i like i stick with it. I was into the Infinity speakers and now since upgraded to polks as the quality and price is right at my level so i will stay with them, Plan on a new SUV at tax time next year and will be looking into the car audio polk speakers also for that.
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp