Bi-amping db6500 with Alpine F250

mikan
mikan Posts: 2
edited September 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
I am trying to bi-amp db6500 with Alpine F250 amp. Could anyone suggest crossover settings on the amp side to me? Should I run tweeters through factory crossovers or not? Any help is highly appreciated.
Post edited by mikan on

Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited August 2007
    Run a full signal from the amp to the db6500 crossover unit.
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited September 2007
    What kind of power is the Alpine rated at, and how flexible are the crossovers?
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2007
    The safest way would be to use the Polk crossovers. That way you know theyre crossed over in their best range.

That being said, youll have to just experiment with the settings that work best.

I wouldnt take the mids down any lower than 50. They can play below that but I feel it gets boomy below that. I usually stay above 63 myself.

As for the tweeters, start at 3.5K and tweak from there. I started there, wound up at 4K for a while now Im down to 2.5K.

If your tweeters are mounted high like up on the dash, then a lower crossover point will do more to pull the stage up higher. If theyre mounted low and/or with the mids then you may not need to bring em down that low.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • mikan
    mikan Posts: 2
    edited September 2007
    Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately my Alpine F250 only supports 50 - 400Hz for both HP and LP filters. Does anybody have a suggestion for those settings? I was hoping to run tweets through factory cross over and mids directly connected to amp. Any help is appreciated.