Would circuitcity.......

1lakerfan
1lakerfan Posts: 112
edited August 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
install something that wasnt bought from their store (with a fee of course)
Post edited by 1lakerfan on

Comments

• ilikesound
    ilikesound Posts: 355
    edited August 2007
    more than likely. they're all working on commission anyways.
    At Home:
    Panasonic 42'' TC-L42U12 LCD
    Pioneer VSX-80TXV
    Toshiba HD-XA2
    Sony PS3 - psn "metalguitars"
    Xbox 360 - gamertag "giggidygiggidy"
    Panamax 4300EX
    Polk RTi8's
    Polk CSi3's
    Polk FXi3's. (x2)
    Martin Logan Dynamo (x2)
    Audioquest interconnects and wires.

Away From Home:
    JVC HDR-50
    stock system in new car for now:(
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited August 2007
    circuit city actualy no longer works on commision, its an attempt to be more like bestbuy, but they WILL install ANYTHING u bring them.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • csnut18
    csnut18 Posts: 48
    edited August 2007
    If you go to circuitcity, I know firsthand the poor quality of my work. when I just had turned 17 a few years back, i had them install a bazooka bass tube in my olds intrigue i had back then. they did such **** work it was laughable. the people working there are making little money, own nothing and they don't care if you are happy. Go to a real authorized independent shop.
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited August 2007
    well, obviously all stores are going to be different, the Huntington Beach location has a lot of experience and i know for a fact that they do GOOD quality work.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • csnut18
    csnut18 Posts: 48
    edited August 2007
    No circuit city will do as good a job as a well known independent shop. Obviously someone who owns the store himself and has something to lose if he screws up will see to it that a better job is done. Circuit City is just a huge chain and the people working their have nothing in it. They are not even cheaper so their is no reason to have stuff installed there.
  • movtarget
    movtarget Posts: 125
    edited August 2007
    I had Cirucuit City install an Omnifi MP3 unit that I bought off Woot in my '02 Sebring convertible about 2 years ago. They did an excellent job, charged me $100. Included figuring out how to custom mount the head unit, route wiring under the dash and to the trunk (where the hard drive portion lives).

The guy there (this was the Cary, NC store) was excellent. It is going to depend on the personnel at the specific store you take it to.

Movtarget in NC