Interesting vacation pics from china

snow
snow Posts: 4,337
edited August 2007 in The Clubhouse
heres some vacation pics from china. man I would love to to do this. :)

REGARDS SNOW
Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
Post edited by snow on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited August 2007
    My buddy goes to China twice a year and brings back some killer gear from time to time....F the scenery ;)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited August 2007
    THAT looks safe!

Crikey! No tank you's very much!
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited August 2007
    That makes the cable route to the top of Half Dome in Yosemite look like a walk in the park!
    Given China's recent bridge troubles, I'd be much less willing to trust that walk way.

Cool stuff none the less.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • snow
    edited August 2007
    Awww C'mon on guys wheres your sense of adventure. :p

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited August 2007
    EFF THAT. LOL

I'd rather watch people walk it than actually walk it. hahahaha

Cool though
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • snow
    edited August 2007
    EFF THAT. LOL

I'd rather watch people walk it than actually walk it. hahahaha

Cool though
    Tell ya what, you pay for a trip there and I will strap a video camera to my very happy **** and you can watch it all ya want .:D :p:D That would be so cool to make that climb. I actually would like to make a jump from somewhere there too.

REGARDS SNOW
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited August 2007
    Before you go, make up a will & leave all your gear to me. LOL!!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • snow
    edited August 2007
    Before you go, make up a will & leave all your gear to me. LOL!!!
    Np can do lol. What must really have been exciting was actually putting all the holes in the side of the mountain and running the chains and planks.:D

REGARDS SNOW
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited August 2007
    File that under "you couldn't pay me enough."

Of course, I'm always skeptical of images "hosted by ebaumsworld".
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • snow
    edited August 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    File that under "you couldn't pay me enough."

Of course, I'm always skeptical of images "hosted by ebaumsworld".
    Lol. Yes most people would agree with you on that. Not sure but I think thats the yangtze river gorge there. its an amazingly beautiful place.

Heres a few pics of the gorge and river.

REGARDS SNOW
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited August 2007
    I'd do it with ya snow... I've climbed at Yosemite and that looks like a freakin' good time! Gotta love that rush!

Get me a ticket, and I'll be there. What part of China? I've been to HK twice, and don't remember those kinda mountains :D
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• snow
    edited August 2007
    MrNightly wrote: »
    I'd do it with ya snow... I've climbed at Yosemite and that looks like a freakin' good time! Gotta love that rush!

Get me a ticket, and I'll be there. What part of China? I've been to HK twice, and don't remember those kinda mountains :D
    Kool. No doubt it would be a thrill. I believe those pictures were took at mount Wushan it borders chongging and Hubei provinces which is part of the 3 gorges area.

Its kind of a shame because a lot of area is going to go way when they build the 3 gorges Dam.

REGARDS SNOW
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited August 2007
    So what did Confucius say when you got to the house??
  • snow
    edited August 2007
    wallstreet wrote: »
    So what did Confucius say when you got to the house??
    If he was alive, I believe he would have said 不客氣 安排 敝 搬家 :p

REGARDS SNOW
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited August 2007
    Snow's pictures look like the Monastery on the way up to the summit at K-2. The hike is not for me:eek:
    Carl

• wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited August 2007
    Oh hell no.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • snow
    edited August 2007
    Oh hell no.
    :D:p:D

You dont like heights Darla? They say its not the fall that hurts its the sudden stop that gets you lol

REGARDS SNOW
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited August 2007
    snow wrote: »
    :D:p:D

You dont like heights Darla? They say its not the fall that hurts its the sudden stop that gets you lol

REGARDS SNOW

My hands and feet are getting that strange sweaty tickly feeling just looking at those pics.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited August 2007
    Picture number six (or one down, on L) they are up there right? Who dug the square holes in the side of the mountain there?

And why?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited August 2007
    i'll tell you what, concerning those first pics... KISS MY ****! i skydived a couple of times, but didn't thoroughly dig it. heights are for real men. a real man, i am not.:(

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • snow
    edited August 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Picture number six (or two down, on R) they are up there right? Who dug the square holes in the side of the mountain there?

And why?
    Not sure who they were Treitz. I suspect it was done a pretty long time ago.

As far as to why. Im certain that it was for anchors that were put into the mountain for the chains or planks to attach to.

REGARDS SNOW