Willow Posts: 10,994
edited August 2007 in The Clubhouse
Post edited by Willow on

Comments

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited August 2007
    wow...

One of the bridges in PA got rated a 2, out of 100....

http://wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S=6931432

"The bridge in our part of the state with the lowest rating is the Lehigh Street Bridge that connects the communities of Hokendauqua and North Catasauqua in Lehigh County. It rated two out of 100, making it seriously deficient and in need of replacement."
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited August 2007
    That's sad when you build a brand new bridge and it falls down before it even opens for traffic. :eek:
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited August 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    That's sad when you build a brand new bridge and it falls down before it even opens for traffic. :eek:

That happened as well here in California the day before that bridge in MN collapsed. An UPS truck was right underneath an overpass when it collapsed right on top of the UPS truck, trapping the driver.

As for bad construction in China, it's not really news. This type of incidents are generally not reported in the Western press, but I see it regularly in Chinese media. This is what happened when uncontrolled government corruption and greed come together. No amount of government execution will solve the problem. :mad:
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited August 2007
    Boy...heads are gonna roll there for that one. They were still working on it. Wow.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Danny Tse
    edited August 2007
    Boy...heads are gonna roll there for that one. They were still working on it. Wow.

Of course. How else do you think the gov't can charge the families for an "execution fee" (this is a fact) or harvest the organs of the executed (just my speculation)?
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited August 2007
    cleary it's an epidemic.
  • Danny Tse
    edited August 2007
    Generally, this type of things involve paying off certain local government officials to look the other way while the construction contractors skimp on the construction material. By the time something has happened, everyone is gone. It has happened so often that this type of "accidents" doesn't surprise most Chinese people. It has happened on mainland China, formerly British colony Hong Kong, and Taiwan....three separate governments, same shxt.

BTW, somewhat related....thousands of Chinese mine workers died each year in accidents, but no one cares. The Chinese gov't only will do what's necessary to save face and its political standing. Whatever it's doing right now, it's done to protect the 2008 Beijing Olympics. It's all a farce.