Printing digital pictures

strider
strider Posts: 2,568
edited August 2007 in The Clubhouse
I've got a bunch (~150 ) of pictures from my honeymoon that I'd like to get printed, and I was wondering what method everyone uses to print theirs? Typically I use my Canon Pixma printer when I'm doing a couple at a time, but for this many I'm not certain if I'd get better results sending them out to be done. I've used services like Snapfish before, they were ok, but I found that the print I received was different in terms of color and dimension then the image I saw on my screen.

Thanks,
Ben
Wristwatch--->Crisco
Post edited by strider on

Comments

• edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited August 2007
    I take the ones that I want to print on a CD to Wolf Camera and ask them to run it through their processing machine. They "develop" each picture individually and it is the best printing possible. You can also do it online through their website and then go and pick up the pictures later. You can also edit the pictures to know exactly what you are printing instead of them just running it through and it cutting off random parts of your pictures. We have always had good luck with it.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • blakeh
    blakeh Posts: 491
    edited August 2007
    I always use Walgreens for large sets of photos. Like you, I just use my Canon printer for small runs, but there's nothing like uploading 100+ to Walgreens and picking them up an hour later.

I'm not sure how their prices are compared to other similar picture printing services, but I never feel like they're overpriced.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited August 2007
    WinkFlash. Like SnapFish, but I liked them better. Plus they're one of the cheaper options, and super fast.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Bamadude
    Bamadude Posts: 245
    edited August 2007
    +1 to Walgreens. You can send them anywhere in the country there is a Walgreens and pick them up in an hour.

Use some photo editing software (walgreens has this on their site) to crop your photos so that they match the size you're having printed. This way you decide what gets cropped, not the developer. Good luck.

bamadude
    AVR: Pioneer VSX-84TXSi (RIP - lightening) / Amp: Sunfire Cinema Grand / Klipsh R-10B Sounbar, LC65fx / Sub: Elemental Designs LT/1300 / TV: Panasonic TH-50PH9UK /SIZE]
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited August 2007
    Bamadude wrote: »
    Use some photo editing software (walgreens has this on their site) to crop your photos so that they match the size you're having printed. This way you decide what gets cropped, not the developer. Good luck.

bamadude

That's one of the issues I had. When I crop a picture I crop it so it's proportions are what I want, rather then fitting a standard print size. I have heard good things about Walgreen's developing.

Thanks for the ideas, folks. Keep 'em coming.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco