Telescope Info

2»

Comments

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,700
    edited October 11
    ^^^
    Don't even think about astrophotography if you still want to have fun with things. That's an obsessive rabbit hole for sure. I've thought about it a few times, looked at some gear, but thankfully, I've stayed out of that hole.
    Most of the time, you can find really nice images on the internet and they will look better than what you can do anyway. Leave it to the pros.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,569
    billbillw wrote: »
    Unfortunately, Orion is out of business...

Well that sucks. I've been using them for years. Wonder what happened. There's Explore Scientific and Highpoint Scientific left I guess.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,700
    edited October 13
    audioluvr wrote: »
    billbillw wrote: »
    Unfortunately, Orion is out of business...

Well that sucks. I've been using them for years. Wonder what happened. There's Explore Scientific and Highpoint Scientific left I guess.

Celestron is still operating along with Sky-Watcher, iOptron, and several others too. I think many of the remaining companies that focus on amateur astronomy are owned by Synta, or at least they provide the scopes for them.
    In general, astronomy is a shrinking market and it has been for years. Things went downhill after the huge boom that surrounded the last Halley's Comet visit. Quality went downhill at the same time.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...