Anyone here live near Princeton, IL?

wodom1
wodom1 Posts: 1,054
edited August 2007 in The Clubhouse
Hey guys. It's been a few months since I've last participated here. I ended up resigning from work in May since I was burned out and decided to take the summer off. After two months of R&R at home in Chicago, I've started another career, which I'm very excited about. I am now a Construction Site Manager for the world's largest renewable energy contractor (I build wind farms!). I just spent my first week in Iowa at a project and am back home in Chicago for the weekend. In six weeks or so, I am going to be working on a project near Princeton, IL and am going to need to rent an apartment to stay at during the week. Are any of our esteemed members here near Princeton, IL? If so, do you know of any apartment/house rentals that are available on a month to month rental? I'm trying to stay under my per diem lodging payment of $1860/month so that I can pocket some extra cash. With this new job, I'm hoping to pick up some new stereo gear, so hopefully I'll be able to check out the forums on a more regular basis again. Now that I'm back home after a week in corn country, the LSi's and my Soundstage tube pre are rocking. I hope everyone here has been well.

Josh
"I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
Polk Audio LSiC
Polk Audio FXi30
Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
Sony Playstation 3
Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
Rotel 985 MK II
Rotel 1072 CDP
Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
Post edited by wodom1 on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited August 2007
    Sounds like things are looking up, congrats.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited August 2007
    $1860 per diem is a nice sum, sounds like you've hooked up with a solid outfit.

Depending on your needs/wants/desires/what-you-can-put-up-with, you might be able to work out an arrangement with a reputable hotel/motel chain on a weekly basis.
    Never been in that position, so I can't really help, but I imagine somebody on here has.

...whenever I was in need of lodging, I usually was looking for something on a "per hour" basis. :o

Wind farming, huh ? That is very interesting.
    Sal Palooza
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited August 2007
    Check nearby in Mendota.Too bad I am North,you could stay with me,my dog needs a new face to slober on.:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited August 2007
    Grew up in Princeton, lived there for over 23 years.

You should have no problem finding a decent apartment for under $500 a/month.

Check the the local paper called the "Bureau County Republican". You can also view it online.

http://www.bcrnews.com/admarket/real_estate_rental/
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited August 2007
    Thanks for the information. I've got several more weeks of working in Iowa, so hopefully I can find something in Princeton before the project starts. For the rest of my time in IA, I'm going to try to negotiate a deal with a local hotel for a monthly rate that falls under my $60/day lodging payment.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre