Awwwww Yeah!!!

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited August 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
For those that actually remember, Soundstream is bringing back their reference series of amps!

http://www.soundstream.com/amplifiers-reference.html

reference-lg.jpg
referenceamp1.jpg

Yeah, these were super clean power houses back in the day!

Judging by these specs:
reference_form.jpg

They will be living up to the reputation! Can't wait to see them out! If you want some BIG, clean power for a set of SR's, these Soundstream Reference Series amps would be a very good alternative for amplification.
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• Jstas
    edited August 2007
    Actually, now that I'm looking at the rest of Soundstream's site, there seems to be alot of new products out or on the way out from them. Looks lie Soundstream is back in a big way! Hopefully, they've been able to shake off the QC issues and funding problems they were having. I hope there is a local dealer in the area, I'd be interested in alot of stuff from them including the amps and their cables.

• avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited August 2007
    I remember a lot of them that caught on fire in vehicles. Does that count? lol. After going thru all of that with the Reference line and then Rubicon line, I don't think I'd trust that anymore. Great looking amps, best connections ever, etc on that series but workmanship sucks a$$ with a capital S. When they DID work, they were nice. Who knows what's under the cover, though. You could duplicate a heatsink for days but it's what's under the hood that counts. Maybe the Chinese are building the guts now...
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2007
    Sounds good to me. Ive always liked Soundstream and am glad see that they seem to be trying to get back to what they used to be.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • killerb
    killerb Posts: 390
    edited August 2007
    they will not be the same amps period! they are not even close to the OLD soundstream. the old sounsteam was pure sound quality perfection. like avguytx said its easy to duplicate a heatsink, its the guts that matter.
    kenwood excelon kdc-x991 h.u.
    Rockford Fosgate 360.3 DSP
    Rockford Fosgate POWER1000 running entire system
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub
    Morel Elate 6 front stage
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited August 2007
    I remember those.....I guess we can hope....
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2007
    Hey Rockford Fosgate did it! They were the shiznit back in the day but had a lull a few years back. Theyre back with a vengance now! Their Power line may not go down to 1/4 ohm like the old Punch stuff, but they are VERY stout none the less.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited August 2007
    We had last years T5002 bridged down to 1 ohm...if a 2-channel can do that, I would imagine if you took out the protection, the monoblocks would do .33 for a while...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Jstas
    edited August 2007
    Geez, such haters.

I'd buy 'em.

I loaded up amulford's ride with Soundstream Van Gogh series amps and that systems just flat out performs. I think MacLeod auditioned it at PolkFest '05. Definitely an audio system to take notice of with the Kenwood source, Polk MOMO speakers and Soundstream power. I was kinda jealous! If the new reference series can out perform those amps, they are worthy of consideration.

• killerb
    killerb Posts: 390
    edited August 2007
    MacLeod wrote: »
    Hey Rockford Fosgate did it! They were the shiznit back in the day but had a lull a few years back. Theyre back with a vengance now! Their Power line may not go down to 1/4 ohm like the old Punch stuff, but they are VERY stout none the less.

rockford was never that bad.
    kenwood excelon kdc-x991 h.u.
    Rockford Fosgate 360.3 DSP
    Rockford Fosgate POWER1000 running entire system
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub
    Morel Elate 6 front stage
  • Jstas
    edited August 2007
    killerb wrote: »
    rockford was never that bad.

Honestly, yes they were. But they are all better now and making much better stuff than a few years ago.

• avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited August 2007
    RF wasn't that bad in the last 20+ years that I've sold them. I never had a Rockford amp actually have flames come out of it like the Soundstreams did. Most of the older RF amps were the same internally and they had "cosmetic challenges" to say the least and there were some internal problems once in awhile. We had gotten a couple of the Soundstreams at Car Toys (in Tulsa) back in 94 or so when they "claimed" they fixed the issues. Well, those 2 amps (I think a Ref 500 and 604) flamed and melted some carpet in the owners SUV. Not a good sign. Don;t get me wrong...I always liked using them because the concept and layout was top notch and above everyone else plus those polished aluminum ones were great sounding amps although they got quite hot because of their finish. I hope they work better than the original few stages of them...
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.