Review: Ben Kweller

Options
ledhed
ledhed Posts: 1,088
edited August 2007 in Music & Movies
Since I'm going to be up awhile burning off some DVDs, I thought I'd share my latest audio purchase.

Through Yourmusic I got Ben Kweller's self titled CD (discovered him through Pandora). The music is very lighthearted pop and comparable to Ben Folds I guess (I don't like Ben Folds). From listening so far, the recording seems to be great though I don't have my stereo hooked up (haven't had a chance to since getting back from college and no reason to now - leaving for college again on Saturday).

He has very smooth vocals which are constantly backed up by piano and usually drums. Run is the first track and very, very poppy yet also very very good. So far my favorite is Until I Die, a slow paced, airy song. The CD finishes with This is War a much heavier song that has very pronounced drums and a great rock beat.

Overall, it has been a great CD so far, with me listening to it non-stop for probably 40 if not more hours so far. I would consider it a must buy if you like pop rock (not in the radio way, if you know what I mean) and music like Ben Folds, Grandaddy, Ryan Adams etc. I will post more once I get to listen to it on my stereo this weekend.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
Post edited by ledhed on

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Ben Folds is one of his largest influences, and was in a tour band called The Bens with Folds and Ben Lee for a while.They would play their sets, and then play together.
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited August 2007
    Options
    That's cool. I like one of Ben Folds songs but for some reason, I just don't really like him. I think the Over The Hedge soundtrack ruined him for me; I hated all of it...

I may just have to give him another chance...
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8