columbia house

Options
bkfk
bkfk Posts: 44
edited October 2002 in Music & Movies
Has anyone tried the Columbia House deal of 4 DVD's for .49ea and buy 4 more over the next 2 years?Is it worth it or do they send you numerous other things every week to make it more of a pain then a benefit?
Post edited by bkfk on

Comments

• trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Do a search.
    Some of the guys here listed special codes you can use to nearly double the deal.
    My choice is previewed movies at blockbuster, and new DVDs at Walomart.

-Luc
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Go HERE

Read the first two posts.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited September 2002
    Options
    nevermind...already done by Shack
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • bkfk
    bkfk Posts: 44
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback.I plan to give it a try and I'm just trying to decide on what option.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2002
    Options
    CH was how I gave my DVD collection a boost. Great deal. Except they bug u forever with that "pick of the month - witch if u really wanted it u could have got it 2 weeks earlier for cheaper -mail this back or we will automaticly charge your credit card". Got me once on it and finally told them to cancel the account. It worked. But I believe you can start a new account with the same great deal and so on. Not bad at all. :)
  • jdavy
    jdavy Posts: 380
    edited October 2002
    Options
    CH is ok. Get the best offer code you can find. Buy your first selection with your order to cut down on the number to buy later and complete your agreement. You will save a bit over the purchase price of all of the movies as a group buy.