HUGE BRIDGE COLLAPSE IN MINNEAPOLIS - Massive section of bridge has collapsed into th

2»

Comments

• Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited August 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    This is normal. Much like an airplanes wing flexes.

It is actually kinda disturbing how much aircraft wings move in flight, although if you consider the forces acting upon them, it is actually very little. If you are uncomfortable with flying in the first place, I would not suggest looking at the wings....
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited August 2007
    I didn't read this whole thread, only the last post.

You have NO CONCEPT of how much an aircraft's wings flap up and down, or the engines hanging on pylons off them swing from side to side, unless you are directly in front of that aircraft while it is flying at 300-400 knots.

I haven't seen the B-52 bible, the -1. But I've been told that the difference between it's max negative dihedral at the wingtip (when it's taxiing) and the max positive when it's flying under a full load, is 18 feet. I know they flap like a mother when you refuel them, but I don't have a yardstick.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited August 2007
    I didn't read this whole thread, only the last post.

You have NO CONCEPT of how much an aircraft's wings flap up and down, or the engines hanging on pylons off them swing from side to side, unless you are directly in front of that aircraft while it is flying at 300-400 knots.

I haven't seen the B-52 bible, the -1. But I've been told that the difference between it's max negative dihedral at the wingtip (when it's taxiing) and the max positive when it's flying under a full load, is 18 feet. I know they flap like a mother when you refuel them, but I don't have a yardstick.

That would be a bit unnerving.....I just like to see people on a commercial flight ask the stewardess if the wings are supposed to move like that...:D

Now that the threadjack is complete, I have read that the radical church in Topeka, Kansas that was picketing soldiers funerals has decided to picket the funerals of this tragedy because they feel that god has punished MN for loving the "fagots"......This hits a little close to home, my whole family lives in that area....I just got some bulletin on Myspace about it now as well, although I think whoever posted it crossed the line a little....There is no need to post home addresses and phone numbers....
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2007
    Now that the threadjack is complete, I have read that the radical church in Topeka, Kansas that was picketing soldiers funerals has decided to picket the funerals of this tragedy because they feel that god has punished MN for loving the "fagots"......This hits a little close to home, my whole family lives in that area....I just got some bulletin on Myspace about it now as well, although I think whoever posted it crossed the line a little....There is no need to post home addresses and phone numbers....

that is really sad if it's true these people stoop that low as to picket any funeral.

We've had this discussion here if I remember correctly about this church a long time ago. So I don't want to get another rant thread going on this church topic.:mad:
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited August 2007
    danger boy wrote: »
    that is really sad if it's true these people stoop that low as to picket any funeral.

We've had this discussion here if I remember correctly about this church a long time ago. So I don't want to get another rant thread going on this church topic.:mad:

anything "radical" is no good in my book..
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub