Crowded House DVD-audio

danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
edited September 2002 in Music & Movies
It's Friday.. and pay day. Went to BB and picked up Crowded House on DVD-a. I've never been much of a fan of theirs.. but i gotta say this DVD-audio disc sounds really great. It also lets you compare DVD-a with DTS and DD 5.1 mixes. Each mix sounds just a little different. DD is pretty close to DVD-a. But i found that the DTS used a little more rear channel sound than DD did.

Any of you with DVD-audio players.. do check this one out. Worth it. Very nicely mixed. The background singers in most of the songs appear to come from the rear channels. For those people who are not familiar with the way multi channel audio sounds.. it may sound to "hollow", but i really like the openness and quality of it.

I give this disc 4 out of 5 stars. only problem i had.. was the disc froze in my player the first time. :D

I was checking out the SACD's too. I thought i heard from someone on here that SACD's also have a DD mix? I couldn't find any with the dual layers that also have DD mix. anyone know about this?
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited September 2002
    DD is pretty close to DVD-a.
    Thanks for that comparision. I have been whating for someone who tryed out both. Which still makes me wonder why the whole DVD-A format was created? New software and new equipment! It just did not seem necessary. DD is a very strong audio outlet.:D