Smirnoff Music Center Dallas

gwh
gwh Posts: 1,451
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
Any of you Texas members been there?
My daughter wants me to take a car load of her friends there Saturday for a rock fest and I'm looking at some tickets on the Lawn.

Lawn seating.... does it suck?

G
HT:
Martin Logan Motion 40
Martin Logan Motion 50XT
Emotiva Airmotiv E2
SVS SB16 Ultra
Def Tech Reference Sub
Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
Post edited by gwh on

Comments

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited July 2007
    Hmm, Outside in Dallas in early August and you think it might not suck?

What would suck? A swarm of locusts unleashed on you? A tornado leveling your house? Please let me know what level of hell you need to get to before your experience begins to "suck" for this to even be a question?

(and yes, I've been there in late July, early August, if you like hot and no access to shade, crappy accoustics, chiggers, and really, REALLY expensive water, then you'll have a blast!)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited July 2007
    That's a whole bowl of suck right there, but they're young -- they can deal. Been to far worse shows indoors with no air conditioning, overpacked crowds, and no AC.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited July 2007
    Lawn seating's fine... but depending on the show, can get a bit "debaucherous".

Saw STP on the lawn once, and watched a guy and two gals have a threeway ten feet in front of me. This... and the many unique "aromas" that tend to accompany such seating.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited July 2007
    Lawn seating's fine... but depending on the show, can get a bit "debaucherous".

Saw STP on the lawn once, and watched a guy and two gals have a threeway ten feet in front of me. This... and the many unique "aromas" that tend to accompany such seating.

Way to set a father at ease, sir.... :p
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited July 2007
    I'm just saying is all:D I doubt they're going to a STP (circa Weiland in the throes of heroin addiction) type o' show:p That was probably one of the most messed up performances I have ever seen. And the crowd seemed to feed off it from front to back. Never been much of a fan to tell you the truth, but it was an experience....

Other than that, I enjoy the lawn experience. Once twilight hits... all's good.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited July 2007
    I saw Metallica there in 2000, and it was alright. Not great, but not terrible. It was at the beginning of July, and we while it was hot, I don't recall chiggers, and yes, I was sober.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited July 2007
    There shouldn't be any chiggers out there. My wife went and saw GooGoo Dolls and Counting Crows last year in September while 9 months pregnant and was fine. The weather has been pretty mild around here this summer(so far not one day over 100, knock on wood). The lawn is a nice place and more of an extension of the actual auditorium. Some people prefer to sit out there because it adds to the experience, like sitting in the student section of Kyle Field for an Aggie game. Have a great time!
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.