FryKleaner

Options
bikerboy
bikerboy Posts: 1,207
edited August 2007 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Hi,
I wanted to let you know that I have gone off the deep end. I am burning in my cables with a Hagerman FryKleaner. I am not waiting for my stereo to do it on its own sweet time. I am going to get it over with in 3 days. I got a board/kit from Jim @hagtech.com for free for posting a pic of the Bugle phono preamp kit I built a couple of years ago. I just had to buy the parts from mouser and solder them in. So I used the kleaner to burn in the new cables in my turntable. 2 days on high and 1 day on low. Cant say right now if it sounds different but I will listen some more tomorrow.
I also bought a bunch of VH Audio stuff. A quad star wire set for the Jolida amp with Furutech ends(very nice!). A flavor 2 type wire for the Bugle phono amp. Also got 2 P&S 5262 outlets. All the VH Audio stuff is cryo treated. So now along with the dedicated 12 ga runs, all the connectors and PC are good quality stuff in the mancave. It keeps sounding better and better. Acoustic treatments are next. I think I will be using the Bugle for 78 mono playback and get a Hagerman Cornet(tube phono pre) with the piccolo(mc head amp)for the Denon low output mc cartridge I am using. Then I would be All Tube. Maybe for xmas. We'll see. Peace and hair grease.
Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
Post edited by bikerboy on

Comments

• bikerboy
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Man,
    40 views and not even a WTF! Not even a comment on Hagerman stuff. Jim knows what he is doing and I got the kleaner on a whim. The turntable seems to sound better, smoother topend. I havent spent any time comparing the burned in cables. The silver ic sound so good I cant listen to the others for long. I think I will be getting a Hagerman Cornet kit with the piccolo mc amp to replace the bugle sometime soon. Then a new TT ect ect. It never ends.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited August 2007
    Options
    WTF? There are you happy now, you sound happy :D
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,719
    edited August 2007
    Options
    40 views and not even a WTF!

Some things are so silly, they are not worth commenting on.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2007
    Options
    if only there was an easier way to burn in cables instead of having to sit and listen to and enjoy the music for 70 hours :rolleyes: I hate it when i buy new cables and I have to wait for that. :rolleyes:

cable burn in is such a daunting task... ;):p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited August 2007
    Options
    That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen in this hobby.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,329
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf
    Wtf

Theres A Couple For Ya

Regards Snow
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • XJRGUY
    XJRGUY Posts: 258
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I was expecting to view a product that cleans my French Fries, or at least the apparatus that cleans the machines that produce such foodstuffs.

sigh
    :D
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited August 2007
    Options
    stupidest purchase I have ever seen in audio.

burning in cables is a simple process that doesn't take any fancy gear. . . just a zippo, lighter fluid, and maybe extinguisher / water source to put it out afterwards.

I've also broiled and baked cables, but I find open flame does the best work.

Anyone try frying cables? Do you need to apply flour / batter first to get the most out of it?
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • hypertone
    hypertone Posts: 150
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Heating them in the microwave for about 10 seconds really brings out the high frequencies and opens up the soundstage. The sound is not as organic as conventional cooking methods however. It all depends on personal preference. If I'm frying mine, I like to give them a coat of buttermilk and cornbread mix.
  • bikerboy
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Now thats the response I was expecting. I thought this burn-in of cables stuff would set off all kinds of comments. Must be the summer doldrums. I did Fry my cables but no flour, breading or pako was used. System is sounding better than ever. Dont think the Frycleaner has much to do with it but I think the turntable did benefit from the burn in process. The cardas wires that I used to replace the 20 year old denon wire have not had much time to burn in. Such a small signal and not used as much as the cdp. Got to play more lps.