Some Pics Just Plain Excite Me!

hearingimpared
hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
This is my alternative to the Tasteful Babe Thread!

I gotta tell you though the "Carbon Fibre Cleaner" in the lower left hand side of the pic is a real piece of junk. I own one and it is worthless.
Post edited by hearingimpared on

Comments

• mulveling
    mulveling Posts: 505
    edited July 2007
    I gotta tell you though the "Carbon Fibre Cleaner" in the lower left hand side of the pic is a real piece of junk. I own one and it is worthless.
    Is that the same as the Milty branded one? I've got one too and agree it's a real piece of sh**. WAY too easy to inadvertently scrape the metal edge of the handle against your precious vinyl, not to mention the brush itself is too thin to be of much effect. What miffs me is that my favored internet dealer told me it was great.

Oh yeah, nice table :D
    Tannoy Dimension TD10, SOTA Star Sapphire, Heathkit W4A's, McIntosh MC2100, Eddie-Current Zana Deux, Singlepower SDS, Sennheiser HD650, Audio-Technica L3000, Sony Qualia 010
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    mulveling wrote: »
    Is that the same as the Milty branded one? I've got one too and agree it's a real piece of sh**. WAY too easy to inadvertently scrape the metal edge of the handle against your precious vinyl, not to mention the brush itself is too thin to be of much effect. What miffs me is that my favored internet dealer told me it was great.

Oh yeah, nice table :D

There are a lot of brushes that look like that piece of junk and I would think they have the same thin two ridges of bristles which are quite ineffective.

I use the Hunt EDA Mk VI anti-static brush and it is excellent. It picks up every bit of dust and visible dirt on the record. The only problem I have with using it is, I have to turn the platter manually while pressing down on the brush.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited July 2007
    Hell, I bought one and I don't even have a tt at present :rolleyes:
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    Hell, I bought one and I don't even have a tt at present :rolleyes:

Which one?
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited July 2007
    I use the Hunt EDA Mk VI anti-static brush and it is excellent. It picks up every bit of dust and visible dirt on the record.

Hey Joe, how about a link?
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Hey Joe, how about a link?

This one is for Audio Advisor and in the catalog it is being sold for $19.95:

You can go on any of the big audio online stores; Elusive Disc, Music Direct, Acoustic Sound, etc, they all carry the brush. . .most of the time if you've made purchases from them you can haggle them down a little.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited July 2007