SR124 SVC ame loose Concerns!!!!

greg2350
greg2350 Posts: 544
edited July 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have had my SR124's for about 3 weeks now powering them with the C500.1 so today I decided to hook up the remote gain control for the C500.1 I got it all hooked up mounted so I decide to go for a drive to test it out I love having the control of the sub gain at my fingertips. I stop at the store after about 15 minutes to get a drink. I get back in my car and I noticed the bass is a little week, no alot week so I disconnect the remote gain control thinking well thats the only thing that has changed same problem. So I get home pop the trunck and notice that 1 of the subs is not working dead!!!:eek: I freak thinking I just blew 1 of my very expensive and awesome subs. I check all the wiring dont see any obvious problems so I switch the wires same problem dead sub. Keep in my mind I have never turned my gain more than past 1 o clock so I know that im not overpowering or clipping. That would be 310 rms to each sub again now way was I pushing it beyond its capability. So I take the sub out of the box connections look good then I look out the sub and to my suprise the wire running from the voice coil to the negative terminal block is broken not that the solder came loose the wire is actually broken. Im shocked there is still a peice of the wire on the terminal block again the wire broke. I have had some cheap subs in the past which I know I was overpowering and clipping and have never had this happen. I take the sub to my dads who has been an electrical engineer for 27 yrs. He comes home and sees the sub sitting on his workbench and freeks at the sheer size and beutey of this thing. I show him the broken wire and he says wow that shouldnt have happened. So he strips the wire back and solders it back on. I hope this holds I went for a drive for about an hour all seems good, I hope this was an isolated incident. Has anyone else had this happen with polk subs or any other subs for that matter?
TV: Philips 42" LCD 1080p
Front Speakers: Polk Audio RT800i
Center Speaker: Polk Audio CS1
Surround Speakers: Polk Audio R50's powered of Denon AVR
Subwoofer: Polk Audio DSW pro500
AVR: Denon 3801
DVD Player: Denon DVM 745 upscale 1080p
Sat: Directtv HD 10
Front Speakers Amp: Rotel RB 890
Center Speaker amp: Rotel 970 BX
Post edited by greg2350 on

Comments

• greg2350
    greg2350 Posts: 544
    edited July 2007
    TV: Philips 42" LCD 1080p
    Front Speakers: Polk Audio RT800i
    Center Speaker: Polk Audio CS1
    Surround Speakers: Polk Audio R50's powered of Denon AVR
    Subwoofer: Polk Audio DSW pro500
    AVR: Denon 3801
    DVD Player: Denon DVM 745 upscale 1080p
    Sat: Directtv HD 10
    Front Speakers Amp: Rotel RB 890
    Center Speaker amp: Rotel 970 BX
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2007
    Please call our C/S department at 800-377-7655. They will instruct you on how to send it in for warranty repair.