sda-srs for sale

Options
tom t
tom t Posts: 543
edited July 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
hello guys, im putting my sda=srs's up for sale. just put in the new silk tweeters,have about 10 hours on them. they sound great as of right now!. the crossovers are stock and the plates are 95% black,not as purple as shown in the picture. looking to move up to more costly speakers. im in bushkill,pa. zip 18324. pick up would be the best,if you are withen 200 miles or so, i can help with delivery. but not long island,im not driving through new york to long island. you can come and listen for sure. i would like $2,200 for
the pair but if you come and get them,$2,000 for you. thanks tom t
there is no shipping these,please dont ask
Post edited by tom t on

Comments

• tom t
    edited July 2007
    Options
    the speakers are sold!!!!. if anything changes i will let you know. thanks for looking tom t
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited July 2007
    Options
    you just bought those damn thing LOL
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • NeilGabriel
    NeilGabriel Posts: 1,487
    edited July 2007
    Options
    a man is privileged to change his mind about audio gear...it's in the genes...or jeans...or something.....
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Congrats . . . I think??? I am curious as to why you sold them if you don't mind me being a budinsky.

Funny thing, Sal's 1.2tls front plates are two different colors too, one is plumb, the other black. While we were doing his xover upgrades this past week we were wondering about the two different color plates as mine are both black. After giving them a good looking over, it was concluded that they were sun faded. I guess that was wrong.

Does anyone know if indeed they were intentionally made two different colors? Maybe to designate channel differences.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited July 2007
    Options
    This is a FS thread but the deal has already been consumated so I'll pose a question. I'm also curious why you decided to sell them after such a short time with them (esp. the RD0's)? What costlier speaker are you considering that might better the SDA's? There certainly are many to choose from but I'd think a serious outlay of cash would be nec. to get something nicer.

Perhaps you are just looking for something different. Not throwing stones or trying to start a debate. Just curious as to what you did and didn't care for with respect to the SDA's. I suppose they aren't every person's flavor, so I'm curious.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,329
    edited July 2007
    Options

Funny thing, Sal's 1.2tls front plates are two different colors too, one is plumb, the other black. While we were doing his xover upgrades this past week we were wondering about the two different color plates as mine are both black. After giving them a good looking over, it was concluded that they were sun faded. I guess that was wrong.

Does anyone know if indeed they were intentionally made two different colors? Maybe to designate channel differences.
    No it wasnt intentional to have them diiferent colors or shades. From what I can gather it had to do with the anodizing process, some seem to be fine over time others appear to almost bleed in areas.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • tom t
    edited July 2007
    Options
    i liked the polks alot. lets be clear about that. but at the same time i like other speakers also. i had a pair of infinity rs2b's for a long time and liked them alittle better then the polks. so when a pair of infinity rs1b's came up for sale i decided to go for it. these speakers have twice the amount of drivers then the 2b's but the same sound characteristics but alot more of it. alot more of it the last time i heard a pair. so im taking a chance and sold the polks and buying the 1b's.. will i be happy??. who knows for sure,but why not take a chance for better sound. we only live once,might as well try it. if it dosent work out, i can always sell and try again. i will miss the polks,but at least i can say i had a pair. thanks to all who chimed in on this. tom t