The up side

dudeinaroom
dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
Got a new computer today, found it in the trash, all it need was a hard drive, nothing special just an early '00 computer with an athalon 1ghz. Guy I was working for at the beginning of summer(who still owes me money) called me last weekend asked if I wanted to work, I said sure. Wifes first midwife(alternative to an ob for the preggo ladies) got canceled wed, and rescheduled for thurs. So I call my old boss who fired me in th end of Jan. to tell him I won't be stopping by to do my portfolio, but I will be their thus instead. I called and he's not there, but the dude I used to work with said that the boss was trying to get a hold of me, so I give him a call on his cell, no answer, tried calling a few more times. When I did get a hold of him he said he wanted to know if I want to come in and work, it will be afew days to a week or so. So heck yeah, I'll go in and work, need the coinage. Told him that we had an appointment, but I would be there when we are done. He told me that they got a big order, and the girl that runs the front end hurt her back(not the issue) and she has been taking pain pills and decided to get drunk the night before and ended up blacking out, and flew to Florida ( where she is from, and mommy and daddy live). Well I stroll in at about 1:30 this after noon and the place is unusually calm for who busy it is. Cool I can handle this. Started riming down sign and pump toppers for the gas stations, left for about 20 min. to go install signs on the doors of the Arenac county building(courts, city hall with sherries station right next door. Got back to the shop working along and Jay(the other dude) say Ryan was talking and said if she doesn't come back, of starts to flake off he's going to see if you want to work full time. I said that would be cool. He also told me that I would probably be running the front, that would be cool too (less grunt work if you wanna call it that). He also said that if stuff stays the way it is(the work load) he would ask me to come back. I signed out a 6:45 and came home. Gotta be back there tomorrow at 10, so I should get some sleep. I hope it works out. I'm still going to be moving in about a year either way, just hope the here and now pans out. I'm really getting sick of the rain, but the ray that made it threw the clouds today felt nice.
Post edited by dudeinaroom on

Comments