78 Karma

bikerboy
bikerboy Posts: 1,211
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
Hi,
I wanted to say thanks to Shizelbs for the car full of 78 records.They have been in the garage and I finally moved them to the mancave. He said the records were a UW professor's personal collection. A friend who knows classical music looked at them and said that many of them are the best performance of the best of a given composer. I dont know classical music so this will be a learning experience in many ways. I need to learn more about mono 78 playback. I think I will reconfigure my Bugle phono amp for mono, one channel for RCA red label eq and the other channel for something else. I need a mono cartridge for the dual tt and I am ready to go. All kinds of dead guy music to listen to. Thanks Shizelbs.
Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
Post edited by bikerboy on

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited July 2007
    Hey no problem. Happy to do it. I wasn't going to use them and I just wanted to make sure someone got them. My wife is happy that that part of the garage is free and open again.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited July 2007
    Look for a guy on ebay who sells "mono" cartridges. There is a lot of stuff out there on playback. Things like different needle sizes to put you into different areas of the groove and such. Also, there is a way to wire a stereo cart to "almost" mimmick a mono cart. I purchased an old school style record player to play mine. Awesome sound!
    madmax

Edit: Check out names like Audiotronics, Caliphone, Crown, Hamilton on ebay. I picked an Audiotronics...
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D