hi Polk folks

cobrasvt
cobrasvt Posts: 10
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
]Just wanted to say Hi and introduce my self[,I'm James from Baytown but I go by Cobra,and I'm new to this site.I'm a long time Sony user and just switched to polk audio,and I have to say I think I like Polk much better. I hope to meet a lot of new like minded friends here.. well caio for now, ya'll cobra
Post edited by cobrasvt on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2007
    Welcome to Club Polk.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited July 2007
    Welcome and stay awhile.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • G-2
    G-2 Posts: 533
    edited July 2007
    Hey Cobra, welcome, hang out for a while.
    Home Theater
    Chane
    A3rx-c's, A2rc-c, A1rx-c's|Miller & Kreisel V-125's|Sony XBR65X810C 65" 4K LED TV|
    Earthquake Cinenova Grande-5|Pioneer Elite - VSX-84TXSi-AVR|TRIPPLITE LCR2400|
    Ultrasonic Amp Stand|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|

2 - Channel
    Polk
    RTA 12c's w/RDO194 TWEETS, clarity ESA caps mills resistors (full mod)|Turntable|
    Anthem MCA 2|Acurus Act 3 Pre Pro|Parasound P/Ph 100|Pioneer Elite N-30|Adcom GDA600|
    Premier Rack|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited July 2007
    Welcome!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited July 2007
    What year is your ride?
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited July 2007
    Cool name. I've had 2 1993 Cobra's so far. One was a Teal Green Cobra I bought in '93 off the lot with 2 miles on it. The 2nd, I found on AutoTrader and flew to Seattle, WA to buy it and drove it back over 2,000 miles to Tulsa, OK. I've always liked the "Fox" Cobra's the best I guess. Something about that look. But I have had a '95 and '99 Cobra, too. I think I've owned 12 Mustangs since I was 17. My first was a 1983 5.0LX sedan at 17 then I bought a brand new 1984 GT on my 18th birthday my Senior year. Fun times...

Welcome to the Forum! Glad to have ya!
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • dohcmark8
    dohcmark8 Posts: 229
    edited July 2007
    Welcome to the board.

I've got a Continental which shares the same motor as the 96-04 Cobra.

Does that count?!? :D
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited July 2007
    Welcome to Club Polk. What kind of gear do you have?
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited July 2007
  • Kris Siegel
    Kris Siegel Posts: 309
    edited July 2007
    Hey, I have a Chevy Prizm. Does that count?

Welcome regardless, heh
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2007
    Kris, it counts as long as various plastic parts on the interior are painted yellow.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited July 2007
    Run away!
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited July 2007
    Welcome to the club!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited July 2007
    Wish all newb's would do this instead of posting B.S. to buy or sell something.

An open wallet is always welcome here.:D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited July 2007
    Welcome aboard Cobra,lot of members here from your great state.
  • BAD ASP
    BAD ASP Posts: 361
    edited July 2007
    welcome aboard, cobra. My screen name is for the cobras i have and its the license plate on my shelby. I have a 95 svt supercharged windsor bored 30 over making 596rwhp, 94 svt with a 577cu.in. NA making 730 rwhp. both cars are into the 9's. Have a 65 superformance with a turbo 408w, and a 71 scj torino 429 ci.,I love cobras!
    Home Theater
    Amp: sunfire cinema grand signature 5ch 425 wpc
    Side surround amp: Sunfire 2 X 300
    Processor: sunfire theater grand V
    Fronts:: polk sda-srs 1.2
    Rears: Polk LSiFX
    Side surrounds: Fxi5
    Center: (2)polk LSiC's
    Sub: svs pb-13 rosenut
    Hd-Dvd: toshiba xa-2
    Blue Ray: oppo bdp83se
    Projector: sony vw60
    Screen: Da-Lite 106"
    APC S20 Power conditioner
  • cobrasvt
    edited July 2007
    :D It's good to see how many nice peeps there is on this site.I've been off line since I posted (had to run to big D) And was suprised to see all the replys.polkthug,it's a 2005 I also have a '05 ford truck. Avguytx ,what part of tex you from? I'm on the coast (Baytown) I really don't like the fox body styles but my neighbor has one he built that is 1200hp that I wouldn't mind having,lol. I've had three mustangs in my life,but when I was young,I was a mopar guy. dohcmark8 as long as it's a ford it counts! (so thats you answer Kris) lol.I had a '93 Thunderbird that had the 5.0 engine in it,man what a sweet ride that was.. Not as sweet as your ride Bad asp,man you got a few bucks invested huh??You should meet my neighbor, but all his "stangs are G.T.'s. But like you I love cobras Janmike, most of my audio stuff is Sony and at least 8-10 years old,I hope to up grade very soon though.I just bought a Polk amiDock portfolio for my MP-3 players (I have three a Zune ,a Nano and a shuffel). thanks you guys for making me feel at home,also thanks to mike,steveinaz,tony,fireman,bottomfeeder,ruSsman,and daboyz here in Tx. that's The Cowboys!lol Well if i missed any one I'm sorry. I hope to get to know you all better caio for now ya'll james (cobra)
  • duksbak
    duksbak Posts: 134
    edited July 2007
    Welcome to ClubPolk
    Television: Mitsubishi WD-57732
    Front R/L: Polkaudio RTiA7
    Center: Polkaudio CSiA4
    Rear R/L: Polkaudio FXiA4
    Subwoofer: Polkaudio DSW600
    A/V Reciever: Denon 2808
    DVD/SACD: Sony Playstation 3
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited July 2007
    Welcome, Cobrasvt.

You know what would be really cool, is if you could get a picture of a cat behind the wheel of a Cobra !
    I know I speak for everyone when I say that everyone would really like to see something like that.

Thanks !
    Sal Palooza
  • cobrasvt
    edited July 2007
    you might be right mr bigbluelight,but I don't let any animals in my car,even my wife,lol! Maybe just for the peeps here I might do it,lord knows we have pleanty of cats around here,(4 inside two outside) thanks for the welcome mr.bigbluelight later cobra
    r
  • AALEE
    AALEE Posts: 51
    edited July 2007
    Welcome, I think as a newbe,,,,since I never recieved this kind of reception, I should hone up on etiquette I guess. Get on with the exceptional knowledge on gear here. Great site.
  • BAD ASP
    BAD ASP Posts: 361
    edited July 2007
    i dug up a pic of the torino from last fall just before going into storage.
    Home Theater
    Amp: sunfire cinema grand signature 5ch 425 wpc
    Side surround amp: Sunfire 2 X 300
    Processor: sunfire theater grand V
    Fronts:: polk sda-srs 1.2
    Rears: Polk LSiFX
    Side surrounds: Fxi5
    Center: (2)polk LSiC's
    Sub: svs pb-13 rosenut
    Hd-Dvd: toshiba xa-2
    Blue Ray: oppo bdp83se
    Projector: sony vw60
    Screen: Da-Lite 106"
    APC S20 Power conditioner
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited July 2007
    Hey Cobra...I'm in the far north part of Texas close to Denton. I'm in a small town outside of it called Krum. I guess it's one of those small towns a lot of people move to to get away from the big city life except still be kind of close to it. I'm about 30 minutes from the Oklahoma/Texas border.

Again, welcome to ClubPolk!
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • cobrasvt
    edited July 2007
    verry nice ride bad asp,I'd be driving it not storing it lmao! nice to meet you aalee,where you from? yes it seems like I'm going to like this site. I was a A/V tech for about 16 years so I love any thing to do with audio. avguytx, I know just where you are,I have friend who live in Trenton, and I also have friends in Cleara Okla. so I drive through Denton all the time and thanks again for the welcome you guys rock later cob