Road Trip

George Grand
George Grand Posts: 12,258
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
Probably one of the last undesirable trips I'll have to make, Thursday night I'll be staying in Del Rio, TX. I seem to remember going there in another life (pre-marraige, pre-AIDS) and discovering the best thing about the place was that it's right across the border from a liquor fueled slutfest atop a mountain that was named "Boys Town". There were different levels of mountain, and the higher you went up, the less welcome you were by the locals. Naturally the guys I was with just HAD to summit. I went along to provide them with moral support and the worst Spanish translation booze could buy.
Post edited by George Grand on

Comments

• Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited July 2007
    Well, I can certainly understand why you'd be reluctant to go to Texas for any reason whatsoever. I hope your stay is brief and uneventful.;)
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited July 2007
    P.S. -- my wife is from Texas, so don't tell her I said that...
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • George Grand
    edited July 2007
    For pay. I go for pay. You can't believe some of the places I've gone and stayed at for money.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited July 2007
    Have a safe trip George! Watch out for the cockroaches.:eek:

You talk like you are retiring soon??? You're way too young!

Good luck amigo.:)
    Carl

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2007
    Love to see you, but Del Rio? ****, you might as well be in Utah.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • George Grand
    edited July 2007
    Got my sorry **** off that trip. I'll be touring Mount Holly this weekend.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited July 2007
    that's stagecoach cockroaches
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.